Better output from ipad/auria than headphone jack?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Better output from ipad/auria than headphone jack?

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 pm

That's interesting. I think you can do it on most platforms. But a technical reason would make more sense than some sort of weird attempt to lock down content.

tonydean
Expert

Post by tonydean » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:20 pm

So guys, I'm thinking of buying the Presonus Audiobox itwo audio interface. I have a few questions. First of all, will i get better output from the ipad by using an interface over using the headphone out on ipad? Also, could I set up the Presonus itwo as a headphone monitor for my mic and mix from auria?
iPad Air 2 128 gig wifi, iOS 11.4, Auria 2.0. Focusrite itrack dock. iFretless Bass, iRig Pro, Rode NT2-A recording mic, Takamine G-Series AC Gtr. Cole Clark Angel 2 Bunya/Blackwood acoustic.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 am

Beware that the presonus has no connection for a power adapter and the ipad can't power it.You need a powered Hub between them.That creates some (probably) unwanted clutter.I'll throw in the Roland Duo Capture EX that i recently bought.I'm very happy with it and you can also use a power adapter or even drive it with batteries.No HUB required.To knowledge it!s the only interface (besides idocks) that connect just with the Lightning/USB Adapter to iPad/iPhone.At least in the "lower"pricerange.I don't know much about the RME babyface for example.

EDIT:scratch what i wrote,lol.Overlooked the"itwo" :)

Looks interesting,i didn't know that before.Quite cool that it has a seperate connetion for an iDevice and you can use a USB power adapter.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:50 am

I'm glad I found this thread...the IK iLoud just came off my Xmas list.