Can't get Auria and JamUp to match at 48kHz

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bloodlemons

Can't get Auria and JamUp to match at 48kHz

Post by Bloodlemons » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 am

This is with Audiobus. Both apps are supposed to run at 48kHz. Any ideas why I seem to be stuck at 44.1 when using both apps together?

Thank you!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Can't get Auria and JamUp to match at 48kHz

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am

@bloodlemons, Welcome to the Auria forum. Jam Up ProXT does not have a setting for its sample rate which means that it is a 44.1 khz sample rate app when used as standalone or audiobus so when you set Auria to 48k they won't match. This is the same for all apps running within the IOS recording eco system. It is not an Auria issue but an IOS one. This is the same for IAA plugins too but you can plug in Jam Up Pro in an effects slot in Auria with a 48k project and JamUp will affect the track its inserted into but not in Audiobus. As well in this setup Jam Up will not be in the recording only as an effect to the recorded material. To have the two combined in a permanent wave file would mean you would have to mix down the track to include the IAA plugin. This may change as more apps include Audio Units in IOS9. I ran two tests on this with JamUp ProXT and both times the recording only worked at 44.1k. The only way to get around this with JamUp Pro is to purchase the plugin from the Auria Store. Then you can use it at any sample rate you want as an Auria Plugin. Remember though that the plugin for Auria does not have all the features of the standalone JamUp Pro XT but there is plenty to work with. Cheers and hope this helps.

Bloodlemons

Re: Can't get Auria and JamUp to match at 48kHz

Post by Bloodlemons » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:33 am

That answers my question. Thank you!