No sound with iOS 9 and audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: No sound with iOS 9 and audiobus

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 am

The thing about iOS9 is that next month I and many of us will be getting an iPad Pro with of course iOS9 on it and no chance to change that. So Im really hoping they get all this fixed soon as these problems will be affecting many of us. I will be keeping my iPad Air without iOS9 on it just in case my iPad Pro gives me trouble. I am however looking forward to using Audio Unit Plugins as they can be inserted in many channels at the same time just like our Auria plugins. Now that is cool. Cheers.

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 am

Part of the problem currently with iOS 9 is that even if we desire to stay on 7 or 8 - where Auria is working - there is a real issue with iOS 9 updates when downloaded, being themselves now small (44-66MB typically) - as opposed to the previous case of being the complete ~1GB update. When deleted, this small item, probably just a loader app, gets deleted but the actual 1GB download file does *NOT* and appears to sit in Other storage. A number of people have reported this now and I have commented on it extensively at the AB forums and over at iPM on FB.

I won't rehearse those issues here, but it's relevant to the OP and other comments here because I *would* not have updated one system to 9 otherwise. I was *forced* to to recover 3GB of space - one for each of 9, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 (my surmise; prior to 9 I had 3GB more free.). Now, of course, I have the problem on that iPad with the OP topic of Auria and AB :-/ (Working round it with IAA - but still - a dent in my workflow).

(Yes - I could have reinitialized the device and reloaded everything on the same iOS version, but that would have required hours of work to reload everything - including tracks, patches and IAPs.)

So, in addition to new iPad purchases, even *old* iPads aren't "safe" in this sense. One may be forced to go to 9 just to get the space back that one leaves *free* in order to record into Auria!!! :-/

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm not a fan of IAA cause it never did work well with all apps, ( in my case anyhow ). Thats why i ended up with audiobus.
When is there going to be a fix for the ios 9 Auria issue using AB? I switched back to os 8 but its anything but smooth ... Its beginning to feel like I'll be forced back into OS 9. Frustrating experience ....

Air 2
Sunrizer
Nave
Others