Audio Units in Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Audio Units in Auria Pro

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Not having had any screaming need for AU yet, I don't see anything different or have anything to test. Do they just go in the usual spot for effects in the channel strip?

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Yes.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:11 pm

If you encounter any AUs that don't work, make sure you contact the developers, so they're aware of it.

Rim

araigneedusoir

Post by araigneedusoir » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi ! I've got a prob with all my AUs..
Can't even see the Ui of iSem- it loads but no sound + no ui:(
Viking loads with its ui, and I can press notes - but as soon as I load a preset or touch a parameter in Viking ( any knob ) the sound breaks, the ui disappears and all hell breaks loose regarding the cpu bar.
I've got an iPad Air 2 and I'm pretty sure it can handle one session of Viking - no biggy in aum at least :) on iOS 9.1...

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Rim wrote:If you encounter any AUs that don't work, make sure you contact the developers, so they're aware of it.

Rim
Hey Rim,

I contacted AudioForge about their EQ app Remaster not working in Auria Pro as an AU as advertised in it's App store description.

A nice fellow Tibor responded and apologized but said with Remaster working in other AU hosts like AUM, Cubasis, etc. it is probably something with the host. He said Auria and ModStep were the only AU hosts that aren't working with Remaster.

It isn't a deal breaker if the app doesn't work properly, I have several EQ AU/AudioBus/IAA apps to use, but a notice in the apps description would've been nice since they have been aware of the issue for awhile. I mentioned that in my email to them.

Thanks for all the great work you do Rim. This issue to me is important because AU is still in it's infancy and knowledge of its solid implementation in all of the iOS hosts will only strengthen the format.

Be cool...
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:56 am

Just tested this. I can confirm that Remaster does not work in Auria Pro. If plugged in no sound passes until the plugin is bypassed then I can hear the sound. Personally I really like MoonEQ and 6144 DTMF, ithey are more refined,sounds great and looks great too with midside processing. As for iSem, it loaded fine (6 instances at once) and recorded fine with no audio problems. I Tested Viking Synth and had no problems on an iPad Air 1 and recorded fine. It appears that Blamsoft AU are cpu hogs inspite of their apps being simple designs. Viking synth alone will use more than 20% cpu while being recorded and that is in a project with only one track. NS1 Synth uses much less. Cheers.

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:43 am

Hey Guys, should have updated this thread before, but hay..

Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 2:25 AM
Subject: Remaster Support

Dear Remaster support,

My issue:

Can't get it to work as a AU in Auria Pro. It just mutes any sound going through it.

Regards,

King

-------------------------

On 9 Nov 2016, at 12:36, "Tibor Horvath" wrote:

Hi King,

Does it happen with other Audio Units in Auria as well or just Remaster?

Kind regards,
Tibor

----------------------

On 9 Nov 2016, at 16:27,

Hi Tibor,

Only Remaster is not working. 
I have 15 AU's all together and it's the only one not working in Auria Pro. But It does work in AUM. 

Regards,

King

----------------------------
-----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: Remaster Support
To: Tibor Horvath

Hi Tobir,

Any update/information regarding this problem?
Have you been able to replicate etc? 
Is there a fix imminent?

Regards,

King

--------------------------

On 20 Nov 2016, at 22:00, "Tibor Horvath" wrote:

Hi King,

At this point, it is not obvious what is not working right. Remaster works fine as audio unit in many apps. It seems to have an issue with Auria. However, it is possible that Auria needs to fix their app. We are investigating but audio units are not well documented and that slow the process down considerably. 

This is important for all involved and we will work through the issues. 

Kind regards,
Tibor

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 3:35 PM -0800,

Hey Tibor,

Cheers, however it's not an Auria issue only, Remaster does not work in Modstep also. 

Regards,

King

------------------------

I know. 

But Remaster works fine in Cubasis, AUM, multitrack and the Apple demo. 

So what is different in Modstep and Auria. Not sure. We have to figure it out. 

T

Tibor Horvath | Audioforge Labs |

---

That was the last communication, but his last question is key "So what is different in Modstep and Auria"

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 am

Does AU work only with 512 buffer size?
I can't hear any sound when use more then 512

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 pm

King wrote:Hey Guys, should have updated this thread before, but hay..

Hi King,

At this point, it is not obvious what is not working right. Remaster works fine as audio unit in many apps. It seems to have an issue with Auria. However, it is possible that Auria needs to fix their app. We are investigating but audio units are not well documented and that slow the process down considerably. 

Kind regards,
Tibor

Hey Tibor,

Cheers, however it's not an Auria issue only, Remaster does not work in Modstep also. 

Regards,

King

------------------------

I know. 

T

---

That was the last communication, but his last question is key "So what is different in Modstep and Auria"

King

My communication with Tibor was the same. My email questioned why the description of Remaster hasn't been changed to say "Auria & ModStep do not work with Remaster" since they've known for awhile now. The description still states it works with "many AU hosts" after it lists Cubasis, AUM, etc. and that there are "No known problems". That is the crux of the matter.

I know $4 isn't a lot of dough but it's the principle and to me it hurts the AU platform now in its infancy. We as producer/musicians need to know what apps/plugins work with our DAW and which don't. AudioForge's attitude of "well, it's something on Auria's side" sucks. While that may be the case, change your apps information in the AppStore to reflect the information YOU KNOW is true. A simple "at this time Remaster does not work with Auria as an AU effect", end of story. It won't hurt your business, being honest can only help your business. I wouldn't of bought Remaster if it said Auria didn't work with it, but as soon as I heard it had been fixed and works with Auria I'd be there to get it first in line. Now, if AudioForge releases another app that peaks my interest I'm going to have to really investigate and dig myself to get the scoop on it as the dev team has shown it doesn't communicate with its customers effectively. Or I may pass it up entirely...

I admit I have a dog in this hunt because Rim, WaveMachine Labs and the Auria team has been so honest and open with their flagship DAW. This forum is always full of great information and Rim always attempts to fix any issue we have. That is how you run a digital goods business in the 21st Century. Brick and mortar, eye to eye sales disappear more and more every year. If you can't see your customer, or be in a position to hear them complain in person and you look at it as an advantage, you're missing the point entirely.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

JRSIV wrote:
King wrote:Hey Guys, should have updated this thread before, but hay..

Hi King,

Kind regards,
Tibor

Hey Tibor,

Regards,

King

------------------------

I know. 

T

---

King

My communication with Tibor was the same. My email questioned why the description of Remaster hasn't been changed to say "Auria & ModStep do not work with Remaster" since they've known for awhile now. The description still states it works with "many AU hosts" after it lists Cubasis, AUM, etc. and that there are "No known problems". That is the crux of the matter.

I know $4 isn't a lot of dough but it's the principle and to me it hurts the AU platform now in its infancy. We as producer/musicians need to know what apps/plugins work with our DAW and which don't. AudioForge's attitude of "well, it's something on Auria's side" sucks. While that may be the case, change your apps information in the AppStore to reflect the information YOU KNOW is true. A simple "at this time Remaster does not work with Auria as an AU effect", end of story. It won't hurt your business, being honest can only help your business. I wouldn't of bought Remaster if it said Auria didn't work with it, but as soon as I heard it had been fixed and works with Auria I'd be there to get it first in line. Now, if AudioForge releases another app that peaks my interest I'm going to have to really investigate and dig myself to get the scoop on it as the dev team has shown it doesn't communicate with its customers effectively. Or I may pass it up entirely...

I admit I have a dog in this hunt because Rim, WaveMachine Labs and the Auria team has been so honest and open with their flagship DAW. This forum is always full of great information and Rim always attempts to fix any issue we have. That is how you run a digital goods business in the 21st Century. Brick and mortar, eye to eye sales disappear more and more every year. If you can't see your customer, or be in a position to hear them complain in person and you look at it as an advantage, you're missing the point entirely.
Hey JRSIV,

All valid, I feel it with ya! (Principle etc..)

If you can let me know the date of your communication with Tibor, I'll request another update on the situation. If your communication was very recent, I'll leave it for a short while..

One of the main 'unsure' responses from 'AudioForge Labs' was "We have to figure it out"... 'We'??
Anyway, I'm sure whomever 'We' is, will :) <-- (no sarcasm intended)

Cheers,

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________