Help with any app sync / start-stop using Auria or app as ma

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lt030

Help with any app sync / start-stop using Auria or app as ma

Post by Lt030 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Bought Auria when it was released. I've tried getting Auria to be the master and or slave in a simple Audiobus setup with just a drum machine app. I've tried multiple ones that all say they are AB compatible but nothing is reliably starting / stopping / staying in sync with Auria nor Auria with the app. This is quite maddening as I see some Auria users are saying that they are able to use it this way. I've been a producer / engineer since the mid 1980's and am very well experienced with Pro Tools, Logic, Digital Performer and other desktop DAWs. I am also a analog / digital component level tech (hardware) so this should be simple.....?
Is the MIDI within the iOS environment simply still not ready to be used in a "mission critical" way? Is this a problem with Audiobus or is this simply Auria still unable to be used solidly with other iOS apps and midi clock, start stop commands?? I've done multitrack audio projects with Auria and it's been good but I really want to be able to use it with multiple iOS apps in Audio bus.

Anyone?

Thanks.

martygras
Expert

Re: Help with any app sync / start-stop using Auria or app a

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Getting all the different dev's to add proper midi sync is problematic, has been for years, but is now coming to a head as users are requesting this very function to be rock solid.

We should see some major improvements in sync this year I believe.

Auria does support Mackie's HUI and MCU control surface protocols though so maybe try that approach. Do you have any SMPTE generating hardware? Maybe that's more reliable than app created timecode.
Last edited by martygras on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Fitz
Expert

Re: Help with any app sync / start-stop using Auria or app a

Post by Fitz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:04 pm

I have found using DrumPerfect as IAA to have a pretty solid sync with Auria. Very painless too, instantly working, hassle free (and it's on sale at the moment).