Export Files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pierre

Export Files

Post by Pierre » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

I am a new Auria user and so happy to use this easy, intuitive and quality app. (using tha Rme Octamic Xt and Ufx and also Fab filter pro and Classic verb pro)

Where I encounter problems is when I want to export or import files.Maybe it is because I am a Pc user (W7)
and Mac and Pc are not that compatible?

Anyway, I've tried Dropbox, ITunes and a third system but I never could export a master song.
Is there any detailed writings about how to export (or import) files from and to Pc?

Thanks,

Pierre

martygras
Expert

Re: Export Files

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Page 81 & 82 explain the import and mixdown functions.

http://assets.drumagog.com/manuals/Auri ... 0Guide.pdf
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 pm

@Pierre: Do you have the AudioShare app (audio document manager by Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl))?
https://appsto.re/gb/KjQAG.i
It won't solve your problem directly but it does make getting things into and out of Auria (and many other apps) much easier - and Auria supports it natively.

I use an app called FileBrowser to copy files (via 'Open In...') between my iPad and PC and/or various other devices/sites via wifi. I have configured SMB access to my PC (so that I can access standard Windows 'shares' and I use the same method to access a NAS on my home LAN. An app called GoodReader will do the same thing but I prefer FileBrowser's UI.

Without going into too much detail, I do a mixdown in Auria with 'export' set to 'AudioShare'. That causes the mixdown file to be opened in AudioShare (*). I can then export that file from AudioShare to FileBrowser and save the file, via FileBrowser, to any one of several target locations I have configured in FileBrowser. That could be DropBox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, an FTP site, a Mac, a PC, a NAS, etc. In my case, it would be a shared Windows folder/directory/drive on my PC.

The other way around, I use FileBrowser to browse my PC's shares and then 'Open In...' selected audio files (individually, I'm afraid) to Auria (or AudioShare or other apps). Once in Auria, I can 'Import Audio' to load the files into tracks.

There are probably other, more elegant, ways to achieve the same thing and, if so, I'd be pleased to learn! I hope this description is of some help though :)

* Regrettably, Auria doesn't allow exporting files via 'Open In...', that's why AudioShare is needed as a go-between.

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:31 am

Hello Martygras, Washboy,

Thanks a lot for your help. With Audioshare and via Dropbox I have succesfully import and export stereo files.
Via the file brownser it didn't work because of passwords an so on and as I am not a expert I couldn't find out what was wrong.
In the future I hope to import multichannel files that are on a usb stick from my Rme Ufx souynd device and to be able to remix into Auria.

Kind regards,

Pierre