iOS 9

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

claudel
Expert

Re: iOS 9

Post by claudel » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 am

I pulled a new Audiobus update yesterday.

Did that help those who are having issues?

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:50 am

Rim, I didn't have Audiobus mode on, I presumed that it turned itself on when you were in Audiobus. However turning it on makes no difference. I restarted everything after turning it on just to check but it makes no difference. Anything else I could try? IAA works but I need to unload each app and close them all otherwise when I reopen Auria there is no sound.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 am

I'm investigating this right now. I suspect something in iOS9 changed the way Audiobus works with apps, and it's going to requires us to update the Audiobus SDK to get things working again. If that's the case, I'll try to get an update in as soon as I can to minimize issues for everyone.

Rim

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:12 am

For anyone who is entertaining the idea of downgrading to IOS 8.4 from IOS 9 ... Don't waste your time. I just tried it 2x, automatically updates to IOS 9 even from factory restore. I guess Apple closed the gate already on downgrade options .... I'm heading back to protools until everything gets straightened out.

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:40 pm

I was waiting to upgrade from iOS 8 to 9. My Air 2 automatically downloaded the update, so I thought what the hey, and made the leap into 9. Granted, the only major gripe I've had so far is Audiobus' sudden issues with Auria, which is definitely a major disappointment. Hopeful that Rim will get a handle on this sooner than later.
iPad Air 2 64, Scarlett 18i8, Auria, etc.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:27 pm

This iOS timing is kind of unfortunate (or fortunate) depending on how you view the coincidence of the beta testing for Auria Pro about to start. It may cause confusion, but maybe all other apps will be fixed before beta can start and we'll have a more thorough testing result.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Lip206
Expert

Post by Lip206 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:05 pm

So unfortunately not it beta test them but I get a lot of latency in ios9 wish I did not update can't use auria

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Lip206 wrote:So unfortunately not it beta test them but I get a lot of latency in ios9 wish I did not update can't use auria
Which iPad are you on? I updated the mini and Auria is working fine for me. No perceptible increase or decrease in speed.
Are you not able to open Auria?

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 am

In ios 9 we finally have access of iCloud Drive, is fantastic if I can upload my Auria project here....

What do you think about iCloud Drive?

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Anyone who's interested,

I successfully downgraded to IOS 8.4.1 and tested Audiobus/Auria with plugins. All seems to work ok! I will stick with 8.41 for now until there is favorable reviews on 9.xx and audio production. A couple of frustrating days for sure ... But for now, back in the game!

mpire

Post by mpire » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:24 am

Finally attempted to record last night with IOS9 and didn't get very far.
Wasn't able to get anything through IAA from Majellan, and even though it was set up as an insert on the track the internal mic is overriding the input. Using an interface to hook up a midi controller gives silence, I suspect because there is no hot input at the time.

PS. I sent my NDA stuff back, but haven't heard anything since, is the beta forum open yet?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 am

In some quick testing, this appears to be a Magellan issue. Other IAAs don't seem have this problem.

We're still waiting on a few sampler issues to be resolved before we open the beta forum.

Thanks,
Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:29 am

Each app I've tried through IAA has been a different story. Each app seems to have implemented things slightly differently and so get different results when used. For example, SessionBand Drums didn't work at first as an IAA, but it just "mostly" works. Other times it closes by itself.
Same with Audiobus. Mixed results.

We will all of course have to temporarily change our workflow, but everything works by itself so everything is still possible with a little bit of ingenuity and some luck.

Best of luck to all.

mpire

Post by mpire » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 am

mpire wrote:Finally attempted to record last night with IOS9 and didn't get very far.
Wasn't able to get anything through IAA from Majellan, and even though it was set up as an insert on the track the internal mic is overriding the input. Using an interface to hook up a midi controller gives silence, I suspect because there is no hot input at the time.

Updating this, total user error.
I'm used to finding Majellan at the end of the iaa list, but what I was actually selecting was Majellan (FX). Since that app can be used in the effect slot as well as the instrument slot, it completely explains the hot mic behaviour. The patch I was using didn't have any noticeable processing, so completely I missed that.

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Meanwhile, regarding the launching, the Audiobus team fixed the icons, plus Auria works in the input of ab, seems to be advancing well ...