Clicks and Pops, how to delete them?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Remnant60

Clicks and Pops, how to delete them?

Post by Remnant60 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm

I have a project that is almost done, but has somehow gotten some 'glitches' in it.
I can zoom in and would surgically remove them, but when I try to select the offending
'time-bit' for removal, I end up selecting everything else on the track...I'd rather not export
out to something like Hokusai, as I'm sure I should be able to do this in Auria...but I have
fat-fingers, and have probably missed something in the excellent manual that Rim provided.
Again, I'm sure it's something so easy that I will bang my head on the wall for not thinking of it,
but could my Auria brothers help me out here?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Clicks and Pops, how to delete them?

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:27 pm

@Remnant60. First, in your edit window select the snap value to none so that you can select just the part of the wave that you want. Next double tap on the wave area and hold and drag on the second tap. This will select a region as you drag your finger across the wave in light grey. Once you have the zoomed in Pop or click selected then you can choose silence from the process menu in the edit window. thats it let us know how you made out with it. Cheers and hope this helped.

Remnant60

Post by Remnant60 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:33 am

Thanks for the help Anthony, will try this tonight.
I thought I knew how to do this, but evidently am
having an extended 'senior moment' :?
Snap value to none I think is the problem I had.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Just a note.
I believe Chris and Matt, were/are responsible for the awesome user's manual(s).
One of my day jobs is creating user manuals and assembly instructions for customers, and this is a very well written manual indeed. I can't wait to see the Auria Pro version which I'm sure they are already hard at work on.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:18 am

Yup, I love the user manual. Read if a few times, it's worth the read. Very well done. Unusual with software these days.

Remnant60

Post by Remnant60 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:40 am

So,
After digging in to bit-level views of what was going on in the tracks, I found that 3 tracks had been split.
And were seperated by 3-4 samples.
I don't know how that happened, as in this project there are no loops or punch-ins.
Then again, I've been working on this project for over a year, so who knows what idiocy I've wrought
to it. The split coincided with the pop on the offending track.
The offending track was a vocal one that was un-split, and had a 3-4 sample "dip" right in the middle of a
peak in the wave-form. I tried Anthony's suggestion, but it only reduced the pop.
What I ended up doing was splitting that track, and deleting the inverted samples.
Then I pushed the regions back together...Yes there is still a "pop" there, but it's much less noticiable.

King
Expert

Post by King » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am

Hey @Remnant60,
If you havnt made any/many edits to the vocal track/wave, you could just reload said track again.

That's what I would do (if all else failed) just delete it (the audio clip) and reload it on the same track, so you have all your settings/plug-ins the same.
Not sure what level you project is at? You could also import said file (onto another track) and cut a good piece from it and insert. There are so many ways you can fix this.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 am

I have done this a lot. I have the correct region selected and the cursor is located properly. I tap split and all seems to have gone well, but I didn't realize I was still in multi-region select mode, so there was also another track selected still. That's the most common way that happens.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)