Pops/Noise/etc. when looping samples

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rhcball

Pops/Noise/etc. when looping samples

Post by rhcball » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:24 pm

I asked this on the AB forum and was recommended to ask here, this problem makes Auria sort of unusable for me. Whenever I import a sample, and loop it, the transition from the end of one loop to the start of another almost always generates some sort of static/popping/crackling/etc. When I loop the samples anywhere else, like Audioshare, Idon't hear any of these artifacts--they only seem to appear in Auria. I'm on am ipad 4/32gb, not using a USB interface, ios 8.4. It's been like this since I bought Auria several months ago & I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is happening (it happens whether or not I timestretch the sample). Also, I'm pretty sure all my settings are the defaults.

Thanks for any help.

Washboy
Expert

Re: Pops/Noise/etc. when looping samples

Post by Washboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:10 pm

In your 'Menu -> Settings -> Editor (tab)', is 'Auto-Crossfade:' enabled? And what is the crossfade 'Time (ms):' below that? The default is 10ms.
Last edited by Washboy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:11 pm

In settings, is "Auto-crossfade" enabled?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

rhcball

Post by rhcball » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 pm

It's enabled, 10ms. It occurred to me to fiddle with that but I forgot at some point. Will check when I have access to my headphones to see if it makes a difference.

Edit: Just checked all the samples I was using & now I don't hear any of the problem-sounds regardless of the setting. Just in general, should the crossfade be on or off?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure that the Auria defaults are:
  • Auto-Crossfade = Enabled
    Time (ms) = 10
From the Auria Manual:
Auto-Crossfade - When enabled Auria will automatically fade regions in and out, unless two regions are snapped back-to-back. Use the Time (ms) box to change the default length of the Auto-Crossfade.

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:22 am

rhcball wrote:I asked this on the AB forum and was recommended to ask here, this problem makes Auria sort of unusable for me. Whenever I import a sample, and loop it, the transition from the end of one loop to the start of another almost always generates some sort of static/popping/crackling/etc. When I loop the samples anywhere else, like Audioshare, Idon't hear any of these artifacts--they only seem to appear in Auria. I'm on am ipad 4/32gb, not using a USB interface, ios 8.4. It's been like this since I bought Auria several months ago & I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is happening (it happens whether or not I timestretch the sample). Also, I'm pretty sure all my settings are the defaults.

Thanks for any help.
I got a similiar problem, for example. When doing the first bassline ''loop 4 kick drums beats'' even with 1 or 2 tracks, i get a wierd milisec lagg/noise when the loop end/start'' wich is really enoying. wierd thing is that its like a 50% chance it happens.. in cubasis its silky smooth.

sitting on air 1

Pile63

Post by Pile63 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:34 am

At the start of the clip and the end, put in a small fade. Just a couple millisec is enough.

rhcball

Post by rhcball » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:28 am

Can anyone explain why this only seems to occur in Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:59 am

Most likely a bug that I haven't discovered yet. Auria 2.0 (both Pro and the regular version) has a new looping engine, so I would guess this particular bug is gone (we'll see in beta).

Rim