Master Strip Plugin disengaging

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Aeron
Expert

Master Strip Plugin disengaging

Post by Aeron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:00 am

Took delivery of my Ipad Air 2 today and when running Final Touch as a plugin on the master strip (IAA), Final Touch disengages part way through the song and the insert is empty. Final Touch doesn't close down and is still running in the background. No particular pattern to this just happens either fairly soon or towards the end of the song.

I have tried;
Restoring the Ipad
Deleted and reinstalled Auria
Deleted and reinstalled Final Touch

Nothing seems to cure this issue and never had that problem with my old ipad 2.

Any one else experienced this or have any pointers as to what I may need to change to stop it disengaging?

Thanks,

Aeron

martygras
Expert

Re: Master Strip Plugin disengaging

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:22 am

If you can reproduce this then it would be a good idea to report it to the Final touch dev.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 am

martygras wrote:If you can reproduce this then it would be a good idea to report it to the Final touch dev.

Yes that can be done as it happens every time. As its a new ipad wasn't sure if its an ipad issue, Auria or Final Touch. Final Touch works ok when the track is pasted into the app (audiop Paste) but not in IAA mode. No such problems on the old ipad so made me think ,maybe there is an ipad air 2 issue?

Will likely check with Final Touch tomorrow after tonight's recording session.

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:58 am

Update:

I raised this issue with Positive Grid the makers of Final Touch and they have recorded it is a bug to be addressed in a future update. Still think it odd that it only happens with my new Ipad Air 2.

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 am

I think I have found the way around this.

Found a post about IAA issues where Auria allocates a larger buffer than other apps are expecting. The workaround is to put Auria into Audiobus mode and reboot Auria. No need to actually run Audiobus, as it just allocates less of a buffer. This seems to have sorted out the problem. I have run Final Touch as an insert on the master strip a few times now and no issues have arrisen. I guess the Air 2 having more ram must be accentuating this issue some how and that's why it never happened on my ipad 2?

Just posting an update in case any one else is having the same issues.