What about AURIA PRO???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martygras
Expert

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by martygras » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Yahyahyah wrote:Rim, if you need some one to help put comments in the code, to speed things along a bit, I'm more than happy to help. I've also been told I'm very good at initialising variables and garbage collection. :)
Yeah, me too. I'm a real good proof reader. Must be cuz I'm gud at speling.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Base16
Expert

Post by Base16 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Hmmm...suppose the new iPad will have a hot pair of chips in her. I'm doin' fine so far with me Retina Mini. Do ya think we'll get a keynote on it all soon? Will I end up sentencing another one to the catacombs of eBay?

will
Expert

Post by will » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

I just come here to check on Auria.Pro nowadays. So is it correct that it's not out in beta yet?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:39 am

It's not in beta yet. We're currently in Alpha testing. As soon as we're ready, I'll definitely post info.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 am

Wow, that is good news.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am

All this talk about iPad pro has got me worried my little iPad Air2 is going to choke wth Auria Pro... Any thoughts?

Base16
Expert

Post by Base16 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Gary wrote:All this talk about iPad pro has got me worried my little iPad Air2 is going to choke wth Auria Pro... Any thoughts?
I'm so set against buying an iPad Pro since it's almost 13", pretty sure a lot of people would go VST on a notebook first. The retina mini is taylored to my liking anyway, even though I was rockin' on a 17" Mac G5 during my teething days. The iPad Air2 should have plenty of muscle for any iOS DAW. But I've found it's always a wise policy in Auria to consider using the PSP channel strip first for basic track compression and EQ and then get a little more elaborate from there if it's called for. The CPU just runs a lot smoother that way. Of course freezing tracks and effects while performing your sonic surgery always beats the frustration of crashing...right? Audiobus & IAA are a Godsend to bring all your other apps into the mix. Right now I'm doing all my MIDI and synth work that way...sometimes ya just gotta paste it in, quantize it by hand, and normalize with a spiderweb of automation lines. Bounce it all into Final Touch...works wonders. Just think someday we'll be free from worry about an iPad choking, when they power up and streamline these babies like they were Quadcore Power Macs!

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Gary wrote:All this talk about iPad pro has got me worried my little iPad Air2 is going to choke wth Auria Pro... Any thoughts?
Auria Pro is being designed for current users and current iOS. No worries.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for the replies. I agree that a 13" tablet crosses boundries ( size wise ) with a bonified small format laptop. I'm running Pro tools on an older laptop andits still pretty good. I like to skip a few gens of iPad vers. before I shellout for new hardware so hopefully there wont be a huge diff between Air 2 and Pro other than size ... :|

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Rim wrote:It's not in beta yet. We're currently in Alpha testing. As soon as we're ready, I'll definitely post info.

Rim
Alpha? Great news indeed! :D

All the best.

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:48 pm

anyone who got experience with this alpha and beta stages that could give a humpth on how far away the release are when they go in alpha?? ? :D

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 am

Depending on the complexity of features that have to be methodically tested, and quantity of people doing the testing, it could take anywhere from 1 week to several months just for the alpha phase. My guess is it will only be a few weeks.

A note about Auria's product manual:
I've written several product manuals for broadband antenna broadcast equipment, which can take me about 3-4 weeks for each product, and those are simple manuals. A feature rich product like Auria with thousands of variables must take a huge amount of effort, especially considering how well it is written. If you thought the current manual was big, the manual for Auria Pro is gonna be huge.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:19 am

martygras wrote:Depending on the complexity of features that have to be methodically tested, and quantity of people doing the testing, it could take anywhere from 1 week to several months just for the alpha phase. My guess is it will only be a few weeks.

A note about Auria's product manual:
I've written several product manuals for broadband antenna broadcast equipment, which can take me about 3-4 weeks for each product, and those are simple manuals. A feature rich product like Auria with thousands of variables must take a huge amount of effort, especially considering how well it is written. If you thought the current manual was big, the manual for Auria Pro is gonna be huge.
Just a small small request martygras. When the new manual comes out. I'll read it, then would you take some time, maybe say 12, 14, 25 hours to explain it all to me!? ;)

Pretty please. lol.....

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes... Yes I will @tourniquet. :lol:

(Now the sad part) I always read the manuals. Probably because of all the keyboards and samplers I owned in the 80's.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:59 pm

The beta is starting up. Please see this post:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13166

Rim