What about AURIA PRO???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by theconnactic » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Now, now, don't be rude. :)

It does make sense. Why wait for the competition to catch up? Why wait for an OS version that will take months to be really stable, knowing that a lot of apps that could be used in conjunction with Auria Pro would take time to adapt to the new OS? Why leave loyal customers frustrated with more months waiting for an upgrade scheduled for the past springer?

It does make all sense. Rim, I'm certain, is doing his best to release Auria Pro ASAP, and when he needs to update Auria Pro for iOS9, he'll do the same way he's done for past iOS upgrades,

Peace!

hardattack
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by hardattack » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:09 am

Well ... different faces - different opinions.
The reason for asking about auria pro is not making pain for some
specialists in this forum. the real reason is, that i don't work anymore
with the actual auria, because there are bugs over bugs in it.
i'm really astonished, because i nearly bought all plug-ins, etc.
and then i realized bugs like muted fx routings or instruments does
not work in the insert slots (via iaa) cause their outputs were
suddenly muted. the list is long and i am travelling a lot.
so a need a well functional product and not a good luck generator
like auria now seems to be. sorry for this open words!
i hate it working with my heavy 17" laptop an the equipment on top,
if i'm on the road. THAT's why I asked for auria pro!
every developer should have enough time to do his work,
but don't talk about release dates like spring, when it's not shure.
i hope everybody understands now why i asked.

tim robin
producer (for a lot of well known people)

User avatar
richardyot
Expert
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by richardyot » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:33 am

actualproof wrote:It doesn't really make sense to release anything before iOS 9 comes in September. Just sayin!
Most musicians don't upgrade their OS immediately. I didn't upgrade to iOS 8 until May, because there were many serious bugs, including one that affected Auria. iOS 7 also took a few months before being usable for music, the initial release broke Audiobus.

So it doesn't make sense for Auria Pro to wait for iOS 9 since many existing users will still be on iOS 8 (or even 7) for many months to come.

User avatar
CEIsar
Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 am
Location: Berlin

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by CEIsar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:05 am

i have no doubt that Auria pro will at least support iOS 8.I don't plan to upgrade to ios 9 anytime soon,no matter if it introduces Audio units or not.I've been burned by the scrollview bug lately,I'll wait a couple of months before i take the plunge.

and I must be a lucky bastard cause Auria doesn't behave anything like a"good luck generator"nor do i experience so many bugs that i can't work with it... :roll:

That's more of what i'm used to when working with cubasis.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

gusb22
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:11 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by gusb22 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 am

it is dragging on,it should be releases asap,and updated as an when needed!!

Strizbiz
Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:21 pm

Rim wrote:I'm still working on it, and I appreciate the patience! As mentioned, as soon as it's in beta, I'll let everyone know.

Rim
thanks for the update, I still dont know why other people feel compelled to speak for you, especially when they really cant answer the question, lol.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Strizbiz
Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:05 pm

Johow wrote:
Strizbiz wrote:
rickwaugh wrote:Just felt the urge to add another pointless thread? There are a couple already. Aside from perhaps making you feel you're more adequately expressing your opinion, it seems somewhat needless.
no more pointless than the message you posted, if you werent interested in the question why did you click on it? Did his post somehow ruin your day? lol
Zzzzzzzzz.....

what a douche......
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

KeniPad
Expert
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by KeniPad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 am

All I basically do is check the forum. If it's ready, we'll know. I imagine great care is being taken to develop it. And I would bet that Rim knows that he may lose sales to Cubasis. But that is a risk one takes. I'm sure it will be awesome once it is made available.

KeniPad
Expert
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by KeniPad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:34 am

But one more thing—don't fight with each other! That's pointless. It's okay for people to want to know or to ask. Don't take the frustration of waiting out on each other. This isn't Facebook, after all :D :lol:

KeniPad
Expert
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by KeniPad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:36 am

hardattack wrote:Well ... different faces - different opinions.
The reason for asking about auria pro is not making pain for some
specialists in this forum. the real reason is, that i don't work anymore
with the actual auria, because there are bugs over bugs in it.
i'm really astonished, because i nearly bought all plug-ins, etc.
and then i realized bugs like muted fx routings or instruments does
not work in the insert slots (via iaa) cause their outputs were
suddenly muted. the list is long and i am travelling a lot.
so a need a well functional product and not a good luck generator
like auria now seems to be. sorry for this open words!
i hate it working with my heavy 17" laptop an the equipment on top,
if i'm on the road. THAT's why I asked for auria pro!
every developer should have enough time to do his work,
but don't talk about release dates like spring, when it's not shure.
i hope everybody understands now why i asked.

tim robin
producer (for a lot of well known people)
I definitely see your point.

sleekitwan
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:29 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by sleekitwan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Someone once said to me that the problem with programming is, there's always just one more thing to do. I am not yet an Auria user, and am waiting to jump in at the point when Auria Pro is available.

RIM obviously has a significant reputation. Someone still has to write the code though, and there still is just one more thing to do! I am still on iOS7, and have no intention of moving from it until something forces me to, which eventually it will. It might just be me, but when I programmed stuff, the nearer to the end I got, the more final hurdles became clear.

Maybe, as an outsider, I would just caution that stating a spring release date was a bit premature, although completely understandable for the reasons I outlined above. It made me think, that it would be summer at the latest, and now that september is on the horizon, well, time waits for no man etc.

Still, practical obstacles aside, it will be quite a milestone, and I still look forward with optimism to becoming an Auria user.

FYI at the mo, I am just amateur, and use Cubasis and my only main observation is, that any app on ipad or tablets of any sort, has to cleverly use the available 'on-screen real-estate' so accomplishing tasks is as intuitive as possible - boy, is that a well-worn phrase, I apologise. My current choice is solely based on my brother having used a related version, on a PC.

Gary
Expert
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by Gary » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:27 am

It'll be well worth the wait folks ... Done right from the first issue ... Not like the crappy Windows 10 i just upgraded to that now wont activate grrrr... Save that for some other blog ... Hah.

CHEERS to the hard working Auria developers!
Attachments
image.jpg
Win 10 just sayin ...
Last edited by Gary on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeDee
Expert
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by MikeDee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Tim Robin -> Tim Robbins, by any chance? (If not, do you get that a lot? <LOL>)

Cheers,

Mike E. Dee

User avatar
Base16
Expert
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:27 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by Base16 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Hmm...could it be more like Tim Cook? As we recall, Apple assimilated Logic during its puberty since it seemed to be right at home with the Macs. Wave Machine obviously has the best award winning DAW on the iPad...so what's really going on behind the scene boys?

User avatar
martygras
Expert
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 am

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by martygras » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Base16 wrote:Hmm...could it be more like Tim Cook? As we recall, Apple assimilated Logic during its puberty since it seemed to be right at home with the Macs. Wave Machine obviously has the best award winning DAW on the iPad...so what's really going on behind the scene boys?
Are you sayin' Auria could be "Camelled"? :wink:
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests