Question about interface / connection...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jdchess

Question about interface / connection...

Post by jdchess » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm using a M-Audio MobilePre MkII with an iPad4. Connected with an Apple CCK. The MobilePre is powered with a powered USB hub. I'm experiencing occasional connection "dropouts." What I mean is at random times the connection to the interface will cut out and the audio comes out of the iPad speaker. Then a couple of seconds later (literally) the audio goes back to my monitors.

Anyone have any idea what would cause this? Could it be the powered USB hub? The interface? Also, it has happened in Gargaeband as well, so I don't believe it is an Auria issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Corey W
Expert

Re: Question about interface / connection...

Post by Corey W » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 pm

Hey jdchess,
I would start by replacing your cables one by one to see where the issue may be. Replace the lightening to USB cable, then the powered hub USB cable, then the powered hub, then the CCK. Hopefully one of those will present themselves as the 'weak link'.

-Corey

jdchess

Post by jdchess » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Corey. That's sort of what I was thinking. I was really wondering if anyone else had experienced the same or a similar issue.

Could a bad cable work for the most part and act out intermittently like that?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Absolutely,
I have seen intermittent issues happen from every link in the chain. It just happens, even from good quality cables.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:08 pm

I originally had the "Lightning - USB" adapter, but it would behave like you say, with intermittent dropouts.

I changed to the short cable version of the adapter and it fits more snugly and works flawlessly for me now.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)