Tracking Session

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mandodon
Expert

Tracking Session

Post by mandodon » Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

One of my bandmates brought his Focusrite 18i20 to an available recording space on Sunday. I brought my iPad 4 running iOS 7 and Auria. I plugged it in to the CCK, it was recognized immediately. Tracked 8 tracks (acoustic guitars, bass, mando, drums, vocal) for multiple takes and vocal overdubs, etc., for 6 songs from about 11 am to 5:30 pm including lots of playbacks. Recorded at 24/44.1. Used about 10gb of space on the iPad, still had about 50% of my battery left. Didn't have one hiccup or glitch at all. All the tracks sound great!

My only gripe: the record arm button and the FX button are too close together. Kept hitting the FX when I was trying to arm a track.

All in all, it was pretty low stress for engineering and tracking at the same time. I could hit record, make sure it was actually recording, and forget about it till the end of the song. And, of course, no fan/HD noise to contend with.

Thanks Rim and the Auria team. My favorite DAW for tracking!

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: Tracking Session

Post by Bob Amser » Thu May 28, 2015 3:07 am

That's the reason why I love using Auria / iPad. You plug it in and it... works.

I get precious little time to do recording and I want 0% of that time to be spent wrestling with a PC, updating drivers etc.

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering