Navigation impossible

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

King
Expert

Re: Navigation impossible

Post by King » Sun May 17, 2015 7:40 am

Washboy wrote:
King wrote: In Auria just take such edits slow, Auria needs to make sure of what it is you would like to do, some things take a second to initiate.
A very good point/tip/hint, especially for new users of Auria :)

Edit: And, as you said earlier, "Once you know Auria's ways, it's a doddle!" - and fast too! :D

Nice! :)

Yeah once you've practiced enough, it's simples.. and great..
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 am

Apologies for dragging this out but there may be a few other users who'd be pleased to know of something I've just discovered about the scrubbing technique discussed earlier. It's that the 2nd finger (the one that actually 'activates' the scrub mode) does not need to be kept held down during scrubbing.

This means that a very useable and uncluttered method goes something like this:
  • 1) Swipe and pinch the 'regions' area so that the audio to be scrubbed is in view and expanded to an appropriate amount.

2) Touch the timeline with one finger and slide that finger down the screen so that you have a clear view.

3) Slide your finger horizontally to move the cursor/playhead to the point at which you wish to scrub.

4) Keeping the 1st finger in contact with the screen, tap (and release) a 2nd finger somewhere to the right * of the 1st finger.

5) Slide your finger left & right to scrub.

6) Release/lift finger to stop scrubbing.
Repeat steps 1(or 2)-6 as required.

* This can be done very easily with one hand, if you're right-handed (even using a stylus). If @Rim acts on my earlier suggestion, it will be just as easy left-handed (i.e. 2nd finger taps to the left of the 1st finger).

Enjoy! :D

[Edited]

King
Expert

Post by King » Sun May 17, 2015 10:03 am

That's a good Tip! ^

Sane = sharing a great piece of intelligence.

Insane = apologising for sharing it.

Hehe. :lol:

Edit: I'm not implying your insane. Haha :wink:
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Nenox
Expert

Post by Nenox » Sun May 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Wow, thanks guys. This is really helpful stuff :-)

Now, I'm one of those annoying fools that actually reads the whole manual AND tries much of the stuff that it describes as I'm reading it (navigation/arranger windows for sure), before creating my first project. So maybe a docs makeover would be in order for the Pro generation release (that, or I'm just really daft ;-) ).

Regarding navigation in Cubasis, I've heard of others that have been having zoom issues, but I'm assuming that's before version 1.9, which is where I joined. Not pushing Cubasis here, in many ways it's one of the the more puzzling pieces of engineering I've seen.

Cheers,
Sune