It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released soon

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

actualproof
Expert
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by actualproof » Mon May 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Kids, Rim is an engineer/developer. He isn't Nostradamus. You guys pressed him for an ETA, and he made the honest mistake of giving you one. He has learned from that mistake - no doubt about it, because you are pressing him still, and he's not giving in to his good-natured desire to make you happy.

Tom deals with the engineers because they are not good at dealing with people. He has people skills, ok? He deals with the software people so the customers don't have to. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
Attachments
image.jpg

Johow
Expert
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 pm
Location: auburn, ca

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Johow » Mon May 11, 2015 6:33 pm

actualproof wrote:Kids, Rim is an engineer/developer. He isn't Nostradamus. You guys pressed him for an ETA, and he made the honest mistake of giving you one. He has learned from that mistake - no doubt about it, because you are pressing him still, and he's not giving in to his good-natured desire to make you happy.

Tom deals with the engineers because they are not good at dealing with people. He has people skills, ok? He deals with the software people so the customers don't have to. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
Thank you!!!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

rickwaugh
Expert
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 11, 2015 10:14 pm

As a fellow traveler in the software biz, I commiserate. Sometimes you say those things just to put a stake in the ground, to tell yourself to get it done. And then people treat it as a promise. Rim is not a kid, and I'm pretty sure he expected to be asked.

I'm fortunately not in any rush. I have barely touched midi yet. I may hold off on the update when it comes out, and let all the eager beavers burn it in. 8)

MikeDee
Expert
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by MikeDee » Tue May 12, 2015 7:13 am

Well...technically, Rim has not made a mistake...yet ( :lol: )...so there's no reason for him to be sorry at this point in time. After all, it is still spring...and spring does not end until June 21 at 12:38 P.M. EDT.

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-da ... r-solstice

Just sayin'...certainly not lóòking to pick a fight with anyone. :D

Respectfully,

Mike E. Dee

User avatar
Anthony Alves
Expert
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 am

Hi to all my forum friends. The anticipation of Auria Pro has really caused a buzz in the international iOS music world
How do you see Yourself using Auria Pro? How do you think your music will benefit from the new additions? Will you consider using midi now that it will be included in Auria Pro? What plugin developers do you anticipate may start porting over their midi plugins for Auria Pro. Hope to hear from many users around the world. Tell us where your from. Thanks Everyone and enjoy your day. Cheers.
A.I.R.Studio ~~_/)~~~*
Vancouver Island, Canada

actualproof
Expert
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by actualproof » Tue May 12, 2015 10:34 am

MikeDee wrote:Well...technically, Rim has not made a mistake...yet ( :lol: )...so there's no reason for him to be sorry at this point in time. After all, it is still spring...and spring does not end until June 21 at 12:38 P.M. EDT.

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-da ... r-solstice

Just sayin'...certainly not lóòking to pick a fight with anyone. :D

Respectfully,

Mike E. Dee
I was referring to the folks who were bent about the previous "March" prediction, and the even earlier prediction of the "midi update" eta of early 2014. Appreciate the almanac link, specifically because I love the almanac - not because I don't know the current season in the northern hemisphere ;) There are now so many threads dedicated to harassing RimCo about release dates and/or complaining about unrealized speculation, that I vote they all be consolidated into a single thread... simply titled "bitch here". :lol:

Monoboy
Expert
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Monoboy » Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 pm

So much to look forward, always looking out for an update, and it's ok to be impatient, we are kids at heart :), But what Rim and the rest of the guys do in making this great DAW possible, I could never, ever do...awesome talent. Patience will be rewarded :D

Yahyahyah
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Yahyahyah » Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 am

I have a strong feeling development is progressing fine, and the only thing that is in doubt is what color the sampler should be. I say it should be green but what do I know? How hard can choosing a color be? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Tourniquet
Expert
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: North Woods

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Tourniquet » Wed May 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Hi to all my forum friends. The anticipation of Auria Pro has really caused a buzz in the international iOS music world
How do you see Yourself using Auria Pro? How do you think your music will benefit from the new additions? Will you consider using midi now that it will be included in Auria Pro? What plugin developers do you anticipate may start porting over their midi plugins for Auria Pro. Hope to hear from many users around the world. Tell us where your from. Thanks Everyone and enjoy your day. Cheers.
A.I.R.Studio ~~_/)~~~*
Vancouver Island, Canada
If I understood midi, I could see myself using it, but it's like a 4 N language to me. Don't get it other than using soundprisim to control my synths. :oops:

supanorton
Expert
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by supanorton » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Hi to all my forum friends. The anticipation of Auria Pro has really caused a buzz in the international iOS music world
How do you see Yourself using Auria Pro? How do you think your music will benefit from the new additions? Will you consider using midi now that it will be included in Auria Pro? What plugin developers do you anticipate may start porting over their midi plugins for Auria Pro. Hope to hear from many users around the world. Tell us where your from. Thanks Everyone and enjoy your day. Cheers.
A.I.R.Studio ~~_/)~~~*
Vancouver Island, Canada
Hey Anthony. Artie from New York, USA. I know very little about midi outside of GarageBand. I have iGrand piano, SampleTank, ThumbJam, and some other midi-capable apps, but I use them with AudioBus/IAA/copy paste. I'm hoping that Auria Pro will allow me to load a midi plugin and not have to worry about anything else. I know a little about editing on a piano roll from GarageBand, but that's the extent of it for me.

will
Expert
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by will » Fri May 29, 2015 7:56 am

Its Autumn in Australia.

instinctive
Expert
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by instinctive » Fri May 29, 2015 8:05 am

EDIT: it seems like the post I've been referring to has been deleted... so never mind :|

I simply don't understand what's so hard to get about the word "spring". Spring ends on June 21st, and it's May 29th today (at least in Germany ;))... so the release, while maybe a bit later than many expected, is still perfectly on schedule :P

will
Expert
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 am

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by will » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 am

actualproof wrote:Kids, Rim is an engineer/developer. He isn't Nostradamus. You guys pressed him for an ETA, and he made the honest mistake of giving you one. He has learned from that mistake - no doubt about it, because you are pressing him still, and he's not giving in to his good-natured desire to make you happy.

Tom deals with the engineers because they are not good at dealing with people. He has people skills, ok? He deals with the software people so the customers don't have to. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
Well, At 53 I am not a kid, and AFAIK WaveMachine Labs announced A new product, and stated that the release would be Spring 2015 in the same announcement.

I would suggest you stop speaking on behalf of entities and other people.
It is quite acceptable for stakeholders to ask for an update of the release schedule from a company, in the 21st century. Some need to know.
Take me for example, classical and mainstream production AND education. Of course I want to know, we plan ahead.
Profesionals like to be as informed as posible. And we are all mature profesionals, right?

W.

King
Expert
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by King » Fri May 29, 2015 12:07 pm

This topic is quite sensitive!

However, for me, I'm just being as patient as possible, not because of what others might say, or have said, but because I choose to be! My excitement wained slightly (only because of the passage of time) but I'm still excited.

If I want to know about something (in this case Auria Pro), I will ask. There is no one (as far as I'm aware) in charge on the forum, (other members wise!)
Someone asking a question isn't harming someone else, and I'm sure not going to slow down thing much at all. Why people want to try and control others is a funny subject. (Allow). To be told about something so far in advance has seemed to backfire a little, and in other ways it's a good thing. (We know it's on it's way!)

People you are free! Do what you want! As long as your not hurting others in the process.
Some people need to know! You can't stop that. Arguing about it, is not pleasant!

I have seen (product demonstration) videos hosted by all 3 of the main WML Guys. In Rims case, I noticed (as with all of them) that he is an adult. Adult! capable of speaking for himself. I'm 100% sure he knew people would be asking these type of questions from the get go, and right through till release.
If a (especially paying) customer, wants to know, then no one has the right to make them feel as if they (the customer) don't have the right to, or at least 'try to’ find out.
It's just a question! Rim can answer if he chooses to, or not. (A lot of the time not, that's his/their prerogative).

I would like to know much more also, about Auria Pro, including release and progress. There has to be progress, and soon release! :)

However, now we are so close to the end of spring the wait will soon be over. That statement doesn't mean don't ask! (And I'm not telling anyone to, either).
If you want to, go ahead! People who are asking in a negative/angry way, now that's different. But a pleasant 'what's happening?' is fine.

(I was raised to speak up for myself and ask for what I want!)

I'm not trying to put forward any rules here. Your free!
And in saying that, those who would much rather people didn't ask, you are also free!
But I'm sure there are situations in your life, past and current, where you need/want/yearn to know the answers!

For many people (myself included) the wait for Auria Pro has been and still is quite emotional, (interpret that how you like). For some it's just another app.. (People feel how they feel).

I'm not trying to shut anybody up, your all free. But I'm making it clear that, someone else trying to shut others up will not shut me up. I don't have to let you know my age, but I'm no child. And I'm free!

This app is great as is! Auria Pro will be _________!!! (fill in the space with something pleasant!) :-)

We're looking forward to what sound/seem/will be a great app. Let's all keep it sweet! Keep it happy! Keep it positive!

Auria Pro!
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

_____________________Audiobus Forum KING777_____________________

Druid88
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Druid88 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Regardless of everything said here, it would be nice to have an update on where the production
of Auria Pro is currently at.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests