AAF import question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Altostratus

AAF import question

Post by Altostratus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:10 am

Hi,

Just bought Auria. I copied a AAF file to the iPad (Air 2) but when I try to import it I get an empty editing window. Nothing gets imported. I read somewhere that the AAF file must not include embedded media. Is that true? My file *does* include media and I can't ask for another export during the weekend. If it's true, is there any way to convert the AAF file to something Auria can read?

Thanks.
iPad Air 2, Mac Pro 2009 2.66 28gb RAM, Yosemite 10.10.1

Navpack
Expert

Re: AAF import question

Post by Navpack » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:55 am

Altostratus wrote:Hi,

Just bought Auria. I copied a AAF file to the iPad (Air 2) but when I try to import it I get an empty editing window. Nothing gets imported. I read somewhere that the AAF file must not include embedded media. Is that true? My file *does* include media and I can't ask for another export during the weekend. If it's true, is there any way to convert the AAF file to something Auria can read?

Thanks.
You are correct - the AAF needs to be non-embedded with the .aaf in the same folder as the audio files themselves. Various audio DAW programs will read aaf; SoundTrack Pro, Logic, Nuendo, PTs w/DigiTranslator - all work to some degree in reading the file and converting out something Auria can see. And looking at the AATranslator utility page http://www.aatranslator.com.au Auria sessions are now supported along with AAF inport/export, so that may be an option if things can't wait till the new work week.
I understand what you are going through. I have a recurring client that only can export out OMF and I've had to come up with a workflow that gets me to Auria, which for me is to bring the OMF into Nuendo, convert the sessions files to .wav and then export out a non-enclosed AAF. Hopefully you'll get this all worked out.

Best,
Phil.

Altostratus

Re: AAF import question

Post by Altostratus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:00 am

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately AATranslator is Windows only, and I'm not going to venture into Wine now... But anyway, I've downloaded the PT trial and converted everything there. Worked fine. I hope I don't need to do this again next month :)

Thanks again.
iPad Air 2, Mac Pro 2009 2.66 28gb RAM, Yosemite 10.10.1