Memory usage on iPad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

congellous

Memory usage on iPad

Post by congellous » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:38 am

Hi, I'm up to about 11 complete trax on Auria and am very happy apart from a couple of minor issues, however, a big looming issue is running out of space on my iPad Air 2. I have the 64G version but that will go pretty quick and wondered what can I do with my projects. Can they be archived to the cloud or Dropbox and then removed from the iPad ?

Thanks

King
Expert

Re: Memory usage on iPad

Post by King » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:25 am

Hey @congellous,

Me personally, I back up to a laptop every now and then. (Auria files, plus others). Been doing that for years. I know where my stuff is! (I use ifunbox or equivalent), not a fan of iTunes.

With Dropbox, I only use it to transfer files around, (eg: Gadget) but not for real storage. (Though you could/can!).
I have a couple of things on there just for experiments, and some because I can't be bothered to go through and delete the unused items. :)

So yes, it is possible for you to move them to Dropbox and/or Cloud and remove from your iPad. (For later retrieval).
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for files that are misplaced, deleted or corrupted (via any of the processes). I only said, it is possible. :)

Hope that helps!

It will be good when Apple finally stick a USB port in the thing. :-)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

congellous

Post by congellous » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks, so you can then delete whole project files from Auria and reload them from your laptop, dropbox etc

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:09 am

The other day I was testing something. For me to carry out this test, I had to delete and reinstall Auria.

So I copied ALL my projects and other Auria files eg: presets, to my laptop, (via ifunbox).
Done the delete/re-install thing, copied my files/project back over to Auria (from my laptop) and all is as it was! :)

Edit: When you say 'reload', remember I'm only loading/opening from within Auria. (as yet, Auria doesn't have an 'open-in' link for direct projects). as far as I know.. (Someone let me know if there is).

One more thing, my Auria content took up almost 9GB worth of Storage space (at that time) if that helps.

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 am

- You can export the Auria project to Dropbox. The folder includes the Auria specific edits and settings, fx, and the audio files(content) too.
- It is possible export your work as AAS project to Dropbox. The AAS project is importable to other DAW, like Pro-Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Sequoia... The AAS project contents all audio and cut points, fades, Ch-fader level, panorama settings, time relations but no Auria specific edits and settings.
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:12 am

@Auratech, nice one! Yes you can export the project in its fullness to Dropbox. But can not open ('reload') a project from there. (Or can you)
You would still have to go via iTune or ifunbox etc..

Edit: if you go to Auria menu and click load project and then click Dropbox. Never tried that one before.
But not load from laptop, only storage/backup.

Actually that (discovery) has helped me out, as I said I was conducting some tests. Excellent :-)

congellous

Post by congellous » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks, yeah I've done the backup project to drop box that was easy but never deleted anything and re-instated it. What you did is really encouraging, I'm more and more impressed with this software, I hope the get waves in on the act for plug ins then it would be totally sorted

Thanks

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:31 am

:-) I'm glad I could have been of some assistance!

This (Auria) is great! I find new things (or ways of doing things) or ways to use it, all the time, and this is (or will become) the standard version! Imagine Pro.......
Some people hear about 'Pro' and think it's all about the addition of midi. It's a lot more...

As I've been saying, I'm sure we will be pleasantly surprised at what plug-ins/companies will be on offer/board.

Good times!

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:45 am

I think I'll copy the above and paste it on the front page. Hehe..