Q for Duet and Auria users...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

papertiger
Expert

Q for Duet and Auria users...

Post by papertiger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 am

I had a question for Duet and Auria users (hopefully there are at least a couple on here). I'm currently using the iPad with an Octatrack via an Apogee duet. I'd really like to run it in the following way, but I was running into some issues which I'm guessing are due to my inexperience with the Auria input matrix:

Octatrack Main Output 1+2 to Duet Input 1+2, into a stereo track in Auria (for recording into iPad)
Duet Output 3+4 into the Octatrack (for sampling into Octatrack)
Headphone Output of Duet (for main mix monitoring)

Now, here's the wrinkle. When I send the iPad out to the Octatrack via Duet Output 3+4, I ONLY want to hear that signal through the Octatrack, not through the the main mix (Duet Output 1+2?). In other words, I want to treat the Duet Output 3+4 independently from the Main Mix that is being sent to the headphones output.

Ideally, I want to be able to have several stereo tracks running in Auria alongside the Octatrack, and send things to the Octatrack for sampling via Duet Outputs 3+4. I thought this approach was possible, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Is anyone running a similar set up (i.e. maybe using the Duet Output 3+4 as an effects loop to an external effects box, etc.?)? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!

M

Phil999
Expert

Re: Q for Duet and Auria users...

Post by Phil999 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 am

I think all you need is the right settings in Auria's input/output matrix. And also the right settings in Maestro (3-4 output, not mixer output).

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

Phil999 wrote:I think all you need is the right settings in Auria's input/output matrix. And also the right settings in Maestro (3-4 output, not mixer output).
Right...any specifics? :mrgreen:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 am

Here is a link to the info you need. If you see more than 2 outputs in the output matrix than just follow the example. Remember you must assign a track to a buss to do this. Good luck and here is the link.

http://blog.auriaapp.com/?s=Output+matrix&searchsubmit=

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:04 am

Anthony Alves wrote:Here is a link to the info you need. If you see more than 2 outputs in the output matrix than just follow the example. Remember you must assign a track to a buss to do this. Good luck and here is the link.

http://blog.auriaapp.com/?s=Output+matrix&searchsubmit=
The bus I think is the missing link for me! Ah! Very exciting. Will read up during lunch, but a quick skim makes me think that that's the answer I needed, Anthony... :)

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:56 pm

All hail King Alves! In all seriousness, thank you so much. You've made my week! This info was precisely what I needed.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 am

Anthony, you never mentioned you were royalty. My wife says I'm a royal pain. Does that count?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)