Help? Auria will not sync to ANYTHING...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lt030

Help? Auria will not sync to ANYTHING...

Post by Lt030 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:41 am

I bought Auria immediately on its release and have had some success in tracking audio sources however when using it with Audiobuss and other apps, as of this day / date March 1, 2015, Auria simply will not sync to the midi clock & start / stop nor will other apps sync to it via midi. I've tried using Midibridge as well but Auria just won't do it. This is completely frustrating and downright maddening to me as I have a iPad Air w 128 gb, ios 8 and everything is running the latest version. I dropped $50 bucks on this app that was promised to have at least this basic midi functionality and it cannot do what should be second nature to this app!!!

What does one have to do to get this app to simply start stop and sync up to a simple drum machine app!?!?!? Cmon its gotta be able to do these things!!!!

Anyone???

Just to be clear, I've read and re read the manual, tried every conceivable combination of trying to get at least a simple 1 app / Auria sync going using Auria as the master clock and as the slave clock. I'm an audio engineer with decades of experience and have used midi since its inception. I am gobsmacked as to why this is not working... What the hell?

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from someone

Lt 030. :(

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Help? Auria will not sync to ANYTHING...

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear of your frustration. First Auria rarely syncs to other apps as a slave. Auria will start and stop other apps especially IAA apps. I use BeatMachine and Drum Perfect and they both clock sync to Auria. It really depends on which app your trying to sync to Auria as some apps like sequencers like to be set as the master as well. I'm sure with the new AuriaPro this will be addressed. There are also other Auria users syncing other apps to Auria as well. Maybe these users could leave their comment here to help support the list. I own all the daws on iOS and I find they just dont sync well with every app. As sync really only comes to play in sequencers and drum machines or any other triggered pattern based sampler. Good luck and you own the best mixing app right now and soon you can own the best midi and mixing app with AuriaPro. Hang in there and we are here to support you. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 pm

I have seen the improvements apps have made over the last 5 years as they are frequently developed by non-musicians and don't understand what is critical to music composition. I think we are about to see some improvements from some devs "in general" starting to realise what needs to be implemented to stay competitive in todays app market.

A good example is Multitrack DAW by Harmonic Dog. Hamilton is an amazing dev who has come up with some really nice algorithms for recording multiple tracks with a small cpu strain, but he is not a musician from what I can tell and there are some critical elements missing form even a basic recording app. These missing features should have made that product almost useless, but it's rock solid and very easy and quick to use. Has only the essential tools, but is expanding at a slow, but steady rate. So I use it a lot for tracking and quick easy edits only.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Lt030

Post by Lt030 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm

I highly appreciate the replies however, with this very simple function and ability that was promised to be working in a coming update (from a couple years back!!) not working, I strongly feel that Auria was a waste of $50 and seriously for an app that cost that much I also strongly feel that the new version of Auria should be free or at least a reasonable "upgrade price" for those of us that spent that much on this app.

Why would one even release it if it couldn't sync / start stop from / with other apps? I am flabbergasted by this. It's like something AVID would do.... The vast majority of ios musicians are those that utilize multiple apps in this very way. The reason I own an iPad is to be able to work on ideas using multiple apps into Auria DAW as well as control front of house / control room mixing - transport. I really hope the New Auria will have rock solid TIGHT bi-directional sync abilities.....

Are the developers active in this forum? I will volunteer to be on a beta test team. Developers - you need someone like me as a beta team member...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:54 am

I own every daw and in all their forums this topic of sync continues to show up regularly. This is an ios problem not the apps. There are developers currently trying to relove this issue of sync like the developer of loopy hd.
http://youtu.be/Cx3ERRnpFes
If you follow his developement blog he gives a very good explanation as to why this is happening on ios. It's just a matter of time before this comes under control in ios app syncing to others.
We all face this issue from app to app now and then and we understand your frustration but it is clearly not always Auria's fault. I just tested Auria with Egoist, DumPerfect, Different Drummer, BeatMachine, iFunkbox, DrumJam, ProMidi, Midi Patern Sequencer, Genome and Korg Gadget and they alll synced perfectly under Audiobus and responded to all tempo changes from Auria.. Good luck.
~~_/)~~~*

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:36 am

there's always the MTC sync option. This locks very reliably.