Sound design/ post production in auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Josheg112

Sound design/ post production in auria?

Post by Josheg112 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 am

Hello there

Just wondering if anybody uses auria for sound design? I'm thinking of buying the video IAP and using some of my ios synths for sound design. But before I purchase this wondering if anybody has got this set up?

I'm running auria on 8.1.2 on an iPad mini original

Thanks!

Navpack
Expert

Re: Sound design/ post production in auria?

Post by Navpack » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Not quite your proposed setup, but I use the video IAP for audio-for-video editing. Works well for my purposes.

Best regards,
Phil.

Josheg112

Post by Josheg112 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Hey Phil

Do you mind me asking, what you mean by audio to video editing?

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:06 pm

I use Auria to complete shows that air on television & web. Editor exports out an ipad formatted video and an AAF; I clean up the dialog, add music/sfx and send back a mix. Different than what it sounds like you are doing but I would think many of the concepts regarding the video IAP are similar.

Best regards,
phil.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:56 am

I have owned this plugin since day one and I use it all the time. If you keep the video small than it works great. You can then load up a IAA synth and record the track live while watching the video. The video also moves in time with the audio tracks FF RW allowing you to really get some great edits after all the recording is done. Finally you can save the video with the new audio composition. Cheers and hoped that helped.
~~_/)~~~*

Josheg112

Post by Josheg112 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks guys !

These anwser really sell it for me. I want to use my awesome ios synths which I can get some good physical feedback for designing sounds. I also would love to use for cleaning up dialog and what not. The only thing I get worried about is the power of my orginal iPad mini. But I could alway upgrade within the near future. Plus with the new auria pro coming out with built in midi and synth I think it would be a great combo on the go.

Josheg112

Post by Josheg112 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Hey guys went out bought the video IAP and just was getting some glitches worked out. What file format is recoomend for auria and what file size. I can get to work as the small window but once I change it into fullscreen it goes completely black screen. Also was wonder with the inter app audio could you tell me if you can bring the video window into the other synth app so you can see what your syncing too?

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:31 pm

I ask folks to send me an iPod formatted video - haven't had problems with those playing inside Auria. Not sure about bringing the video into the other apps.

Regards,
phil.

Josheg112

Post by Josheg112 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks Phil

Just want to optimize my set up as much as I can, just because I am on an orginal iPad mini and know that it is not reccomend to do things like inter app audio with such an old device.

So if I can make the video the right size and not take to much processing that would be perfect!

Appeciate the help

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 am

A utility for desktop/laptop to conform video that has worked well for me is MPEG Streamclip: http://www.squared5.com/

There are presets for iOS export built into the application.

Regards,
phil.