Auria and Stem Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tfmusic-1

Auria and Stem Issues

Post by Tfmusic-1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello,

I seem to be having issues at the mo which I hope you may be able to assist me with.

I have an iPad Air on IOS 7.1.1and Auria keeps crashing saying 'low memory' despite having no other apps open and the CPU and disk space being fine?

I am importing stems via mixdown and it creates the folder but nothing shows within it? I have downloaded ifunbox but this also shows no files present. Can you please help me?

Many thanks in advance
Tony

Washboy
Expert

Re: Auria and Stem Issues

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Can you clarify something please, Tony? Are you doing a mixdown with 'File Type:' = "Stems"?

Tfmusic-1

Post by Tfmusic-1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi Washboy,

Yes, mix down to stem option but then when I click to look for it there doesn't appear to be anything in the folder.

I also have if box installed an there is nothing in the 'Documents' folder there either.

I have iPad Air with lasted update of Auria and have also just updated to latest IOS. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Tony

Tfmusic-1

Post by Tfmusic-1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:23 pm

UPDATE:

- When selecting 'Import' option many WAV's/Projects etc are appearing in local. However, when I try to import WAV or MP3 from Dropbox no files are present (files are in Dropbox if I go directly to Dropbox application).

So it appears I am unable to import any files as they are not showing and when I export stems the exported stem files are also not appearing in the created folder.

On top of this ifunbox shows that I only have folders within local and there are no files present within them?!

Seems there are issues seeing WAV files

I am a tad baffled so any help with this would be greatly appreciated :-)

Tony

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Apologies for not replying sooner, Tony.

It sounds as if you're doing things correctly (I think :wink:) so I understand your confusion. Back to basics then :). Have you done the usual troubleshooting steps of killing all open apps, powering off & on your iPad and lastly starting a new project in Auria? Sometimes an issue will be specific to one project only so it helps to test a problematic function in a fresh project.

Mixdown to stems will create a folder in the "Local" folder only (not Dropbox). The name of the mixdown folder will default to the project title plus "_stems" so, unless you edit the name (in the mixdown dialog), that's the folder name you should be looking for when you do 'Menu -> Import Audio' to import stems. It should contain a bunch of WAV files, one for each track name.

In case you've not successfully done this mixdown of stems operation before, here are some screenshots of a test mixdown I did:
image.jpg
Mixdown (to Stems) dialog.
image.jpg
During the mixdown...
image.jpg
Inside the project_name_stems folder
Here's hoping that lot is of some help. If not, come back 8). BTW, is there a specific reason to be exporting all your stems and then re-importing them?