USB Microphones

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

markgastar

USB Microphones

Post by markgastar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Does anyone use a USB mic with Auria? I'm talking about something like a Blue Yeti or at2020 USB plugged straight into the iPad via the camera connection kit. I cannot control my recording level with the at2020 USB and I just want to know if it is something I am doing wrong or if Auria simply does not work well with USB mics. The mic works great with other apps. It would be a shame if Auria could not take advantage of the simplicity and mobility of plugging a USB mic straight into the iPad.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: USB Microphones

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:42 pm

It seems others have reported a similar issue. I've got it on my list to investigate for the next update. Only single channel input devices seem to be affected as far as I can tell.

Rim

markgastar

Post by markgastar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks for the response. I've wondered if I was overlooking something, but a guess not. Hopefully my USB mic will work the way I'm used to it working with the next update.

Until then I have a work-around: USB mic into iPad via camera connection: into Audiobus with DMIMixer in input slot: Auria in output. Record as normal, adjusting level first at DMIMixer. Return to Auria and Press record. Adjust Auria Record Level while recording first take. Rewind and proceed with recording. Hope this helps others with similar USB mic issues.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 am

Thanks, that sounds like a good workaround in the mean time.

Rim