Auria version IPad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dave Hilltop

Auria version IPad

Post by Dave Hilltop » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have an original IPad with iOS 5.1.1. I would like to purchase Auria. Can I download an older version somewhere ? Currently on the App Store it says Auria requires IOS6 ?? Thanks, Dave

Lester Ballard

Re: Auria version IPad

Post by Lester Ballard » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 am

I'm not sure if it works with auria, however if you download Auria via your PC/Itunes first, and then try and sync your Ipad up, it will let you download the appropriate version based on your current IOS version.

Worked for me with DM1 before I updated to IOS 8.

Good Luck,

Lester

Dave Hilltop

Post by Dave Hilltop » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 am

Thanks Lester :)

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am

Actually you don't need to do all that,here try this,just go to App Store find AURIA,when you purchase,it will say the new version is not available and ask you would you like to purchase an older version,of course answer yes..and from there it will download.as far as actually working on an ioad 1,yes it will work,I recommend though closing all other apps,and not having any photos or videos on your ipad,use drop box to load those videos and photos so you won't lose them.
Also you might not be able to use all the fx at the same time and such and you will have to learn to freeze tracks and stuff,go on YouTube and you can learn a lot as well.i recommend utilizing all your 16 g in this,and then ..yes you can do a lot....I still do...I have three iPads....always still love my original ipad 1 though...cheers...have fun..

Remnant60

Post by Remnant60 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Dave,

I bought Auria with an iPad1...the comments above from the Masters are all things you should take into consideration.

That being said, you will be denied some of the "latest benefits" from the latest versions of the HW and SW.

No biggie, you can still make some awesome projects with what HW you have. You just have to be creative.

I.E. for comparison, the Beatles used 4-track recorders. [as an aside, well I had a Fostex X-15 and thought I was king of the world!]

Nuff said.

I have an iPad1 and an iPad4, both of which have Auria, but as I'm kinda old-school I haven't had the need to go more than 12 tracks so far, so I haven't played in the 56+ tracks 'deep end of the pool' yet by using both iPads...12 tracks is usually the most I need with the silly crap I come up with.

Get it, and remember that your iPad1 will still be useful in conjunction with the latest iOSxxx when you get that next piece of Apple HW [unless they totally bog it up like they did with iOS8]

(Rambling, but on a roll...)

iOS...yeah, for right now both of my iPads are 7-... I will not update the iOS to 8.x as I've seen too many folks on this board being burnt by it. Positive thing is, iPad1 won't try to update anymore anyway.

Think I'll stop now, as I've prolly shown enough of my @zz now :oops:

Dave Hilltop

Post by Dave Hilltop » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks Everyone !!! For all the great info, I really appreciate it. You All ROCK :). Dave

Dave Hilltop

Post by Dave Hilltop » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Br8zinn,
When I tried to purchase it said you must update your device to IOS 6 ? The only choice after that is ok. Once I hit ok the app store window closes :(. No option for loading an older version. looks my only other option might be via ITunes syncing to my IPad. I hesitate with that only because my pc in ancient (an old Dell that originally came with Win 98me now running XP with all the hardware memory it would take and two hard drives). Even so ITunes bogs it down so I removed it sometime ago. Suppose I could put it on again just for the sync and then remove it. Dave

Aph
Expert

Post by Aph » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Dave Hilltop wrote:Hello Everyone,
Currently on the App Store it says Auria requires IOS6 ?? Thanks, Dave
Watch out if you want to use Audiobus, as I think it only supports Audiobus 2 which requires iOS 7!
I use iOS 6.1.3 and after downloading it I could no longer use the Audiobus that works on V6, etc.
Luckily, I restored my old version of Auria through iTunes.
As far as I can tell, this information is not in the iTunes store description of Auria!!!
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4
Auria Pro 2.250 (upgraded from Auria)

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Hey Dave,wow,have things changed,sorry about that,if your unsure about doing it yourself,try the apple store"the Genius Bar" call them up,and explain and ask kindly ,many of times they have done favors like thus for me,it won't hurt to ask,just explain to them in full detail,otherwise yes you will have go do it yourself...hope all works out