Track Divide??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SoundmanDude

Track Divide??

Post by SoundmanDude » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm brand new to the forum and was just trying to figure out if there is a quick and dirty method of taking a live recording and dividing it up into tracks so it could be exported in an album type of form. I do quite a bit of live 2 track recording at one of my house gigs, and I usually edit out the down time between songs by forming regions and deleting out the unwanted stuff, and then I pull the regions back together so I don't have any blank space. I would then like to use each region as an individual track (song). Is there any kind of divide function in Auria that would allow me to do this without having to mix down and export each individual region? Is there another app that I could export one long region to and simply divide it up. I have seen some people use Audacity on their laptops to accomplish this....but I love the Auria app and would love to be able to do it within my IPad.
Thanks for any help or advice.

syrupcore
Expert

Re: Track Divide??

Post by syrupcore » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm a little unclear on what you want in the end. One long file with many tunes or separate files for each.

Auria has the split feature that will divide a region at the play head. You can make another split where the next region will start. If you turn on ripple editing and delete the new dud region between the two songs, Auria will delete the gap automatically.

In the end you cans either bounce the whole thing as a single long track or bounce each region. I don't think Auria has anything like "bounce each region" found on some desktop daws. Don't think anything on iOS does at the moment.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:37 am

it may seem obvious but a quick familiarisation with the manual (I know a little tedious) but would really answer all these questions and give you heaps more useful information besides.

It's very friendly as manuals go.

http://assets.drumagog.com/manuals/Auri ... 0Guide.pdf

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 am

A quick way to start is to move your cursor to where you want a divide to happen, then press the "Split All" button. This will split all the tracks at the point.

Rim