Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Spud
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by Spud » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:13 am

Lip206 wrote:
richardyot wrote:One question: this looks like it's going to be a completely new/separate app - is that so? Because I have a significant amount of plugins for Auria, and I really don't want to have to buy them again.

Yeah will our plugins carryover????
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37159#p37159

Mucci

Post by Mucci » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:34 am

I'm already having a blast with Auria and any update is more than welcome. But this is way more than expected for me. Really love the new UI and fantastic upgrades. Many thanks Rim. Can't wait to tap on the buy button.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:39 am

Rim,sorry but i HAVE to ask this:is the new interface also affected by apples scrollview bug on Air 2? :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

mkeymont

Post by mkeymont » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:27 am

richardyot wrote:One question: this looks like it's going to be a completely new/separate app - is that so? Because I have a significant amount of plugins for Auria, and I really don't want to have to buy them again.

Good question, I share that curiousity, having spent a good amount of money on plug-ins myself. If they don't port over, that would kill any and all interest I have in continuing to use Auria as it would be setting an ugly precedent for having to potentially repurchase everything any time an upgrade comes out. I have been touting the iPad platform as being a game changer for audio production, but this type of scenario would present an insurmountable argument against that viability. It would be fine if you have no other or better option, but only in that case. I have a MacBook and Logic to "fall back on".

That said, it is still very exciting to see this on the horizon and I will more than likely buy the new version if only to support Rim, WaveMachineLabs and the work that has been done thus far.

- Mike

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:45 am

Anyone worried about your plugins that you have already purchased not being there in your new Auria Pro can relax. Auria's plugins are already in your Auria and become unlocked and ready to use when you purchase them. They will still all be available in the background in your new Auria Pro. Simply restore your purchases and they will all be there. Cheers and happy waiting everyone. ~~_/)~~~*

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:54 am

The update uses vector graphics. I don't even know what that means, but I would guess that it will eliminate the current graphics snag.

Argybargy

Post by Argybargy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 am

This is very exciting, I have cancelled raising my children this summer and will be locked in a small room with headphones on instead.

This next statement is completely made up by me, it has no basis in any fact so please treat it with the contempt that it deserves, but just imagine that there was in the pipeline an iPad Pro on the way from Apple, and that this app would run on it ..

Hmm, I wonder how much a kidney goes for these days .. .. .

:wink:

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:06 am

I don't know for sure but I think it would work the same way as Auria lite currently works. If you buy the lite version you can buy an IAP purchase to upgrade to the full Auria version. But, the two versions will always be separate apps. You'll have the full version but you will download the lite version and restore purchases to get back to the full version.

So, if you want to keep your IAP you'll press the upgrade to pro button from within Auria to get to the pro version, that way you'll keep your IAP. What you wont be able to do is be able to download the 'new' AuriaPro and use it for free with all your IAP's. That will be a separate app.

It seems like the only model that will work with Apples current system.

kuro-jp

Post by kuro-jp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:09 am

How about AuriaLink?

Can i use it between Nomal Auria and Auria Pro?

SuperNiCd

Post by SuperNiCd » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 am

Congrats and WOOT! If there is one single thing I've just been dying for in the iOS world, it is this. This right here. And it looks like you've completely outdone yourself!! Just superb news!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:36 am

If you're an Auria user, you'll still be able to use all your existing plugins in Auria Pro, as long as you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro.

@MusicInclusive: Yes, that's not a problem - you're free to re-post the images as you like!

@ hselburn: Auria Pro will work with the same audio interfaces as Auria does now. In fact all functionality in Auria will still be in Auria Pro.

@kuro-jp: Yes, Auria Link will work in Auria Pro as well. In fact, all features in Auria are also in Auria Pro.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:43 am

Rim wrote:as long as you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro.
Slightly concerned about this, since it does imply two separate apps. What will happen to Auria LE for instance? Will that be discontinued? If so, what does that mean for people who have upgraded the LE version to the full version? Will they have an upgrade path that preserves their plugins?

I realise that you might not have that much control over this, but a much cleaner solution would be some mechanism to transfer the plugins that have been purchased from one version to the next - a bit like the mechanism that automatically unlocks the Wow and Turnado plugins if you have already bought the equivalent apps.

Otherwise there is a significant risk that the plugins people have bought at considerable expense (far more than the cost of Auria) will be orphaned some day, when Auria 3 comes out for example.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 am

Let me explain this a bit more in detail:

If you're an Auria or Auria LE user right now, when Auria Pro comes out you'll see an option in your Auria Store to purchase an upgrade to Pro. Once you do that, your current Auria version will "become" Auria Pro. So now you'll own Auria Pro. No need for a separate app.

If you're not already an Auria user, you'll have a choice on whether to buy Auria or Auria Pro.

Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:54 am

richardyot wrote:
Rim wrote:as long as you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro.
Slightly concerned about this, since it does imply two separate apps. What will happen to Auria LE for instance? Will that be discontinued? If so, what does that mean for people who have upgraded the LE version to the full version? Will they have an upgrade path that preserves their plugins?

I realise that you might not have that much control over this, but a much cleaner solution would be some mechanism to transfer the plugins that have been purchased from one version to the next - a bit like the mechanism that automatically unlocks the Wow and Turnado plugins if you have already bought the equivalent apps.

Otherwise there is a significant risk that the plugins people have bought at considerable expense (far more than the cost of Auria) will be orphaned some day, when Auria 3 comes out for example.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =60#p37182
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 am

As long as the concurrent versions are never orphaned, that will work - thanks for answering. Looking forward to the upgrade :)