Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:27 am

Thank you Rim for the permission :-) .

There is discussion elsewhere about minimum specs - as well as my Q here. Any suggestions as to what it will work on? Of course Auria in its basic form can *still* run on an iPad 1 (albeit without many plugins of course ;-) ) but I also run it still on a mini original (as well as a mini Retina to make use of more plugins).

Thoughts?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:40 am

We haven't done extensive performance evaluations yet- it's still a little early for that. But in my rough testing, Auria Pro should have the same CPU and memory performance as Auria unless you use the new advanced features like real-time warping.

Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:48 am

WWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT

This will BULLDOZE over EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

Thanks SO MUCH RIM, you are first!!! YOU WIN!!! The first UBER-COMPLETE iOS DAW, you did it!!!

Zygor

Post by Zygor » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:53 am

Where does the line form? (Ladies wanna share a tent?) 8)

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 am

Hi Rim,
can you please ask to iZotope at NAMM to became a Auria partner for release Iris 2 and other of their product as a plugins?

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 am

And furthermore, you hit the nail RIGHT on its head (is that legit English?) with the new UI. Looks as Pro as it is gonna be!

Thanks, been looking forward to this for 3 years.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 am

Rim, perhaps you might consider buying Camel Audio's IP and integrate it into Auria...? If not, then I hope Eric Persing of Spectrasonics buys it and integrates it into Omnisphere.

Our luck, though: Apple will probably buy it and stúff it into Logic Pro X and/or GarageBand (OS X and iOS) without a full regression test...then Logic and GB will join Yosemite and iOS 8 in Bûg City. :shock:
Last edited by MikeDee on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:19 am

Cool on the performance. Wonderful :-) Thanks again Rim.

Sparkle
Expert

Post by Sparkle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 am

Great work .boost server bandwidth , I will buy on release !

Hope the Sampler supports sf/z ,
And "flexible routing " includes being able to route IAA instrument slot audio back into channel strip for processing.

Sparkle
Expert

Post by Sparkle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:53 am

Also , hope midi implementation for external control includes MIDI PICKUP/TAKEOVER mode , allowing physical knobs /faders to be multi assigned with no jumping of values when digitally switched .

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 am

I am eager to read more about the "groove" thing. (Or should I say Groove Thang?)
I am unfamiliar with the warping concept, what it does and what type of controls are used. This also sounds rather groundbreaking IMO.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 am

Sparkle wrote:Also , hope midi implementation for external control includes MIDI PICKUP/TAKEOVER mode , allowing physical knobs /faders to be multi assigned with no jumping of values when digitally switched .
I think this functionality was already in Auria. Wasn't it?
I have been neglecting Auria for "Multitrack DAW's" ease of use for tracking purposes lately, but I should get back to learning the midi side of Auria now.

Also, @sparkle. I have an app called Midi Designer 12 and it is a customizable midi control surface. It might be a great way to automate Auria.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 am

Groove Quantizing (which Auria Pro supports) is a way of "extracting" the groove from one MIDI file and applying it to others. It'll come with a bunch of ready to use groove files, and you'll be able to purchase additional ones, or make your own.

Real-time audio warping is a way of time stretching your audio tracks in real time. In other words, if you want a snare hit to move over a little to the left, you just grab it and move it. No need to cut up your audio into sections, etc. We licensed the most advanced time stretching algorithm available from Elastique called "Elastique Pro v3". The audio quality when stretching is really amazing.

Rim

Qlne

Post by Qlne » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 am

This is great news. I like the darker theme to save on display power. I'm also looking forward to the midi implementation. But time warp and quantize for audio? And a sampler? ...

At the very least, you will be taking Apple to the mat by pushing the iPad to its limits!
Three quarks for Muster Mark!

AF

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Qlne wrote:I like the darker theme to save on display power.
Unfortunately, on the type of displays that Apple uses, darker screens use MORE power, but anyway, given how unbelievable this update looks, that's a minor issue for sure :mrgreen: