Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by theconnactic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah, Rim hasn't been posting lately: that's unusual.

Rim, where are you? :p

Base16
Expert

Post by Base16 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:22 am

"That said, I'm switching to Toca Band because I just can't wait any longer. Besides, no other DAW on the iOS—or any—platform has the rich, deep feature set and top quality found only in Toca Band."

Thank you Zen Lizard...we needed a little comic relief around here :lol:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm still here! Just nothing new to report until we get into beta. I'll definitely post when I have more news.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Yes, you could cut the 'tension' with a knife...

This is a guess, but I imagine Rim is spending every waking moment on completeing Auria Pro. If I were he, I would stay far away from here until submission. I wouldn't want to spend precious time on anything else. Especially now that so many of the posts are asking the "when" question, which may just be unanswerable. The pressure must be pretty extreme.

Okay, that's enough of my idle speculation. I'm sure all will be revealed soon.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Ha ha! I just knew you were going to pipe in the moment I attempted to answer for you, @Rim.

I never learn!

shiroiyuki

Post by shiroiyuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:01 am

Still no Upgrade? Just asking because my timezone switched to summertime a long time ago...
Btw, will it haz Apple watch support? You should put that in too, its new and fancy!
People here are trained to be patient it seams, why shock them with a release?

Such a good choice to have switched to Cubasis, it actually has a real dev team behind it and you feel it.
This here looks like a single person is spending his freetime on coding. Oh, and theyre germans, so they do and then show, not like 24/7-'Awesome!!1!!11'-screaming... I think u got this one ;)

The last Cubasis Update (free!) included a Mini Sampler, maybe you get in touch with Steinberg to ask for some tips regarding software developement. (omg, what did I just wrote, I really hope that it wont happen again, the last time I told some techsupport to get in touch with some ppl who know their job, well, you wont believe it, but they got bought from that company just 2 weeks later. You wont believe how suprised I was.)

I think it just a matter of time until they also add the unique selling point of auria which is to load other plugins.
Actually I can do that, because I can grab my whole Cubasis project and load it into Cubase where fabfilter is availible.
This is actually not a fiddly thing to do, but a kinda relief to have your project you started on the road on a real enviorement with large screens and dedicated controllers.

P.S. I know this posting sounds a bit sarcastic, but maybe it speed some things up (see whiplash), I still have hope, even theres not much left after waiting years for a goddamn MIDI track.
"Fuck beta, lets add some more fancy shit, murica fuck yeah!"

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:51 am

The fact alone that you use Cubasis gives you away as a total amateur, as the very second you start using it in a remotely serious way, your project gets corrupted, parts and tracks get jumbled in a random fashion, and it freezes and crashes pretty much every 5 seconds. Nice try anyway!

(Oh, and the great "German" customer support: That consists of a canned reply "Please provide us with a step by step repro" for every single forum post, even if the "step by step repro" has already been given. But German it is: the other 50% of replies consist of "We will investigate if we can organize an investigation for a possible verification of a fix" ;))

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

shiroiyuki,

Have a beer or something and simmer down. Or keep posting, cuz I do find it entertaining.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:44 am

You actually bothered to write a lengthy post to just whine, and brag about how fabulous the other product is? Maybe you ought to spend some time recording, instead of being a troll. Because it's a bit sad.

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Too funny :lol:

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:29 pm

We must try to remember that puberty is a very difficult time in a young girls life.

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:36 pm

instinctive wrote:...the very second you start using (Cubasis) in a remotely serious way, your project gets corrupted, parts and tracks get jumbled in a random fashion, and it freezes and crashes pretty much every 5 seconds...
Interesting... that highly recommended "German tech support" implied that no one else had reported any of those issues.

At any rate, I'll take the criticism of our patience as a badge of honor. It's sorta' like, "How dare you all be civilized when you could be ineffectually negative!"

Monoboy
Expert

Post by Monoboy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:16 pm

instinctive wrote:The fact alone that you use Cubasis gives you away as a total amateur, as the very second you start using it in a remotely serious way, your project gets corrupted, parts and tracks get jumbled in a random fashion, and it freezes and crashes pretty much every 5 seconds. Nice try anyway)
The Cubasis Stereo Width enhancer, via the FX pack upgrade is really good, in fact I would LOVE to have this plugin within Auria

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 pm

I believe you can achieve this using mid-side eq.
Last edited by martygras on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:59 pm

For all Cubasis lovers here: there is a Steiberg forum: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=183
Here we like to speak about Auria.