Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martygras
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by martygras » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Good question. I'm hoping to hear about this too.

Auria isn't really a controller for external synths, but I see what you want to do. There are several apps out that are perfect for sending advanced midi commands like bank and patch changes in different formats.

I think Midiflow is one of the favorites right now. I just got it and it looks very powerful yet easy to use the UI.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Auria Pro has a Bank and Patch selector, but that's as far as it goes. The solution proposed by martygras sounds like a good one.

Rim

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:19 am

Thank you both for your input I will investigate further. Take care.

perestroika

Post by perestroika » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:26 pm

did not want to make a new thread, so i'll post here.

will auria pro support gm midi instruments? for example, creating a midi track, adding gm instruments to it and go from there? multitrackstudio supports this, but i did not like the way it works at all.

i think gm midi stuff would be very usefull for quick ideas, or in my case, to write songs for games! :D

i have no idea how hard is to implement this sort of thing, so i completely understand if its overlooked and ignored.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:29 am

Yes, the built in sampler fully supports GM instruments.

Rim

perestroika

Post by perestroika » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:14 pm

sweeet :D

jpolo

Post by jpolo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Rim wrote:Auria Pro has a Bank and Patch selector, but that's as far as it goes. The solution proposed by martygras sounds like a good one.

Rim
Sorry Rim, just to clarify.... Multiple Bank and Patch changes throughout the song? By midi connection and channel? Also, will there be any limitations to how many you can add?

Thanks
JP

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:40 pm

The pianoroll editor on every MIDI track will let you add as many patch/bank changes as you like throughout the song.

Rim

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Rim wrote:The pianoroll editor on every MIDI track will let you add as many patch/bank changes as you like throughout the song.

Rim
That is so freaking awesome!

Yahyahyah
Expert

Post by Yahyahyah » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:17 pm

I can't wait for the new version, the tease has been very long!! Any chance of a release date? I'm guessing around November now, but obviously wouldn't mind be wrong if it comes sooner :wink:

wheresknott

Post by wheresknott » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Is there a release date yet for Auria Pro? I really would like to use it and it seems that I see mention of it being release spring of 2015. Sorry if this has already been answered. Thanks

Eric

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:44 pm

wheresknott wrote:Is there a release date yet for Auria Pro? I really would like to use it and it seems that I see mention of it being release spring of 2015. Sorry if this has already been answered. Thanks

Eric
The Beta test phase was just about to start when iOS 9 hit. My guess is that put a bit of a delay as Rim may have had to make some last minute revisions for iOS 9 compatibility. Beta should start very very soon.

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:16 pm

My guess is that the beta had to be temporarily postponed while an iOS 9 update for the current Auria was completed. Not that I'm second-guessing you, @martygras. Oh wait... that's exactly what I'm doing; positing a second guess. ;) but what the hey? Speculation is fun.

The suspense is killing me :) (that ought be a relief to any number of people unfortunate enough to read my ramblings)
— Can you hum a few bars? —

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 pm

ZenLizard wrote:My guess is that the beta had to be temporarily postponed while an iOS 9 update for the current Auria was completed. Not that I'm second-guessing you, @martygras. Oh wait... that's exactly what I'm doing; positing a second guess. ;) but what the hey? Speculation is fun.

The suspense is killing me :) (that ought be a relief to any number of people unfortunate enough to read my ramblings)
Hey Zen,
Rim stated in another thread that Apple is no longer accepting 32 bit apps which the current Auria is, so wavemachinelabs is kinda stuck between updating the current Auria to 64 bit and submit that or just get Pro through Beta and released. Either way, they have a difficult decision to make as it will inconvenience users either way. I personally want it to be as awesome as possible, so patience is prime for me. The suspense is killing me too.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify as Rim also did, that Auria will still run 32 as well as 64 bit.

King
Expert

Post by King » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi @Rim,

Can you give us an idea of the size (GB/MB) of Auria Pro, as a single app?

Also how much will be added to Auria-1 with the upgrade?

Cheers! :)

Added: For any one wanting to do the math, Auria/LE are currently in the appstore at 274 MB.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________