Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

King
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by King » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

vortex wrote:Well I Know the notes are displayed on the piano keys, but can we also display the notes on the actual midi bars themselves like this https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... noroll.htm or at least have the option to.

And yes I would LOVE the option to display more than just the C notes on the piano keys.

Ghost notes allows you to see the midi notes that you placed in another midi channel. Here is an example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6PCEGIg1Sw

What this helps with is creating melodies or bass lines from previously created melodies or bass lines. So you pop open a new piano roll, select which track you want to display the ghost notes from, and then display those notes in a greyed out fashion.

These features would surely put the piano roll on par with PC quality midi editing.

Glad you asked for this. Saved me the time! :)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 am

Having note numbers on the notes themselves is a good idea, and easy to implement. I'll see if I have time to add that. But ghost notes would be a little more difficult, so I'll add that to the wish list. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rim

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Thank you so much for listening:)

wkearle

Post by wkearle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:57 pm

When will Auria Pro finally be released . . . Spring has come and gone. Please!!!!

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:44 am

Actually, it's officially Spring until June 20th. :mrgreen:

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:15 am

rickwaugh wrote:Actually, it's officially Spring until June 20th. :mrgreen:
If there was a "like" button, I'd use it..

ftozzi31

Post by ftozzi31 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 am

Are the colors for the tracks adjustable in the new version? For example the red piano roll color...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:18 am

Yep, you can choose any color you like for the piano roll. It takes on the same color as the track.

Rim

Ohmnoise
Expert

Post by Ohmnoise » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:00 am

King wrote:@Ohmnoise, I notice you have ReTune on the bottom of your subprofile. Do you find that it works ok for you?
Hi King,

Late but not forgotten answer.
ReTune is very cpu-hungry and increase the latency a little bit.
If I play bass first into JamUp and than into Auria with channelstrip-insert I can hear it crackling.
The sounds itself can be from subtle to very spacey, depends on your parameter and the Wet/Dry-balance.
If you like the old tunes from The Residents / Snakefinger, it is very easy to emulate these special sounds.
The price itself, 7 bucks, is less than a cinema ticket or a cocktail, so no brainier.

Ohm
iPad 3/16 GB - Alesis Dock - Auria 2.0 - ReTune - Audiobus - JamUp Pro - Alchemy Pro - DM1

King
Expert

Post by King » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:37 am

Ohmnoise wrote:
King wrote:@Ohmnoise, I notice you have ReTune on the bottom of your subprofile. Do you find that it works ok for you?
Hi King,

Late but not forgotten answer.
ReTune is very cpu-hungry and increase the latency a little bit.
If I play bass first into JamUp and than into Auria with channelstrip-insert I can hear it crackling.
The sounds itself can be from subtle to very spacey, depends on your parameter and the Wet/Dry-balance.
If you like the old tunes from The Residents / Snakefinger, it is very easy to emulate these special sounds.
The price itself, 7 bucks, is less than a cinema ticket or a cocktail, so no brainier.

Ohm

Hey @Ohmnoise,

Wow, that question was about 11-teen years ago, lol :-)

Appreciate you answering.

I have ReTune, it was the very first plug-in I bought.

I find that it works fine on some projects and not so on others. I was wondering what users might be doing that makes it go either way.
I have started test projects, some work, some are Snap! Crackle! and Pop! :)

I wrote to the developer many moons ago, but he claimed to be unaware of the issues. But it's plain to hear it in his demo video.

Because it works (sometimes) there maybe hope. I'll wait and see if Auria Pro fixes it before re-contacting the Developer.

Fingers and toes crossed! :-)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Nenox
Expert

Post by Nenox » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Rim,

Are you able to share anything about which formats the sampler will support? Also any information about default sample library and if you have plans to sell libraries/sounds in the Auria Store, would be great to know!

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:24 am

I wish I could, but we're still finalizing the sampler specs before we wrap it up and go into beta. As soon as we're in beta I'll post more details. I don't want to post incorrect information, or get anyone excited about a feature that ended up not working well so we removed it, etc.

Rim

Nenox
Expert

Post by Nenox » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Sounds like a sane choice!

I'm eyeing a well expanded SampleTank on sale right now, but I worry that next versions of both Cubasis and Auria are going to make that investment redundant :-)

Cheers

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Hmm, interesting. I have been looking at various ways to drive drum sounds into Auria. Drumagog/Voxkit looks good, but I need some percussion sounds as well. I guess I'll hold off on doing anything major for a bit.

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

any news?