Video and audio playback

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rextunes

Video and audio playback

Post by rextunes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm

I kindly ask for any wisdom for 3 questions about video/audio playback:

1. How does a video track appear in Auria?

2. How does that video get routed to a monitor for full screen playback of just the video synced with the audio?

3. If that is possible, what interface is best to simultaneously handle multitrack audio and the single video track playback?

Navpack
Expert

Re: Video and audio playback

Post by Navpack » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm

rextunes wrote:I kindly ask for any wisdom for 3 questions about video/audio playback:

1. How does a video track appear in Auria?

2. How does that video get routed to a monitor for full screen playback of just the video synced with the audio?

3. If that is possible, what interface is best to simultaneously handle multitrack audio and the single video track playback?

1. From the 'Menu' command, look for 'Load Video'. Assuming the plugin add-on is installed you will see video pop up in a small window on screen after selecting the video clip.

2. It is possible to play video full screen inside Auria, but as far as I know one cannot route it out the port to an external monitor with one iPad. I did mess with using Wist and a 2nd iPad to play video and I would think you could take an HDMI from the iPad playing video and port that externally

3. Others may have a differing opinion but I like the RME FIreface UCX. Depends on your track count and IO needs...

Best regards,
phil.