Hardware output - Subgroup post-fader

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

Hardware output - Subgroup post-fader

Post by Navpack » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:53 am

This may have been covered in another thread but I couldn't find it - is it possible to have hardware mulit-output devices see the SubGroup routing/outputs post-fader? So the SubGroup faders on the mix page would control those hardware output levels?

Thanks very much.
phil.

Navpack
Expert

Re: Hardware output - Subgroup post-fader

Post by Navpack » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Rim, any follow up on my note below? Hooking an Apogee Duet or Quartet to Auria and directing the Sub Group outputs to hardware outputs; the on screen Group Faders don't seem to have any control over the hardware volumes.

Thanks very much!
phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:57 am

It's actually by design. I originally had the subgroups control the volume of the hardware outputs, but users asked that I make them pre-fader, so I did. Maybe in the future we'll make this an option.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks Rim for the good info. Having an option to select either pre or post would be awesome...appreciate all you do for us!

Best regards,
phil.

bhprod

Post by bhprod » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Rim,

I would love to see this as an option. I'm currently importing Logic files into Auria where Logic is using a different hardware output and I have to rewrite all of the automation because the outputs are slightly higher for the Logic hardware than they are on the hardware I'm using for Auria (Apogee Quartet). So having the ability to simply pull the output down slightly on the Sub would solve my problem.

Thanks,
bhprod