New to Auria need advice

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BrendonP

New to Auria need advice

Post by BrendonP » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:52 am

Hi all

This is my first post and i am new to auria but have used PC based DAW's for some time.
I will be using auria as a song writing scetchbook.

1- i am looking for an MFI audio interface with With 2 mic preamps and like the look of the Presonos ITwo. Has anyone had any experience with this interface with Auria.

2- i also need a good drum app with live drum sounds with a good sequencer that can sync to Auria via Audiobus and Some recomendations on piano, pads and synth apps that can also sync. I have looked on the app store and there are loads and they all claim to be the best but i prefer to trust users like yourselvs.

Many thanks

Fitz
Expert

Re: New to Auria need advice

Post by Fitz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:17 am

2 - I would recommend DrumPerfect.

Tovokas
Expert

Re: New to Auria need advice

Post by Tovokas » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:09 am

There are many nice synths: Nave, Alchemy, Mitosynth, Animoog, Magellan, Sunrizer, Thor... It all depends on your style of music, and whether you like to get your hands dirty creating your own patches, or just like making minor alterations to presets. If you're like me you'll end up owning almost all of them as they go on sale. :)

For piano, I think that iGrand piano strikes a good balance for sound quality without eating up gigs of space. (Audiobus, no iaa) (It's currently on sale.)

The iOS music making landscape is evolving so quickly I'm still trying to establish workflows where all the cool tools work together smoothly. Midi idiosyncrasies and memory issues make working like we do on the desktop a challenge. I'm very interested to see if the upcoming midi enhancements to Auria will smooth things a bit, as on the audio/mixing side Auria is a rock solid performer for me. (And I love the available integrated plug-ins.)

Good luck on your journey of discovery. :)