Problems using iPad Air 2 and Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve White
Expert

Problems using iPad Air 2 and Auria

Post by Steve White » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi there

I bought an iPad Air 2 to replace my 4th gen iPad 2 but I'm having a lot of problems with Auria. Here is one example. If I open Auria and say load one track with an mp3 file and then on track 2 I'll load say Thumbjam. All is well for a few bars but then Thumbjam starts to cut out on and off. Also sometimes when I load a plug in that is in the drop down menu, I'll get an error saying there was a problem loading the plug in.

I bought the new Air 2 128 Gig so I could have more power and less issues but so far it's not working out that way.

Any help would be appreciated. I still have the iPad 2 4th gen 128 Gig. Should I get rid of the Air 2 and continue with the iPad 2 4th gen?

Steve White
Expert

Re: Problems using iPad Air 2 and Auria

Post by Steve White » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Ok

I think it's fixed. I did a reset all settings for the iPad and now it's working great!

I haven't tested everything yet but Thumbjam works with Auria fine now. :)

May be helpful to another Air 2 user though.
If I have any other problems I'll report back.

Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:50 pm

I've noticed this type of issue in iOS8 as well. Sometimes only a reboot will solve it.

Rim

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:54 pm

I found the problem but will have to wait for Apple to be aware and fix it. The lag or slowness only happens when I'm using the power cord as soon as I unplug, all is well again. This really sucks because I have the Focusrite I-Dock that needs to be plugged in to work. I haven't tried it yet cause I'm scared. Man I'm not happy. :?

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:10 pm

even after a factory reset it's worth powering down and turn back on again. Only after all these steps did I get the whole 2GB of RAM for the Air 2.