Sorry Something went wrong ...mixdown issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Stackfam

Sorry Something went wrong ...mixdown issue

Post by Stackfam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm

I am getting the Sorry Something went wrong. Could not export audio! message. WAV and AIF as export formats are both not working. My status bar does show progress during operation, but error message is echoed at very end of process.
File is an single-track, audiobook chapter approximately 80 minutes long with 89 regions, recorded at 44,100.
No other apps are running. Working in Airplane mode. I have rebooted iPad several times. I've deleted and re-installed Auria. I'm running iOS 7.1.2 on an iPad 2, Auria version 1.154. I have 14.7 GB available. Auria to AudioShare has worked for me with no problems for 4 books now, but this is the longest file I've tried to mix down. I'm in a big time crunch. Any thoughts?
Stan

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Sorry Something went wrong ...mixdown issue

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm not familiar with that message, Auria doesn't have a message like that. Is this a message you're getting from Audioshare? I suggest you contact their support, as they're very helpful.

Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi Rim,
As a work around, I created a new file, then imported and re-edited my regions one by one. I then successfully did a mix down at 20 minutes of recording, and another at 40 minutes. However, at 60 minutes, I got the same error message. I did a screen grab, but don't know how to post it here. The error message pops up over Auria, before the Audioshare splash screen. I was also unable to mixdown to Dropbox. Space there is not the issue. I have the 1T paid version.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:41 am

Dropbox has its own issues with large file sizes, but Audioshare is built in, so shouldn't have the same problems. Can you let me know what the exact message says?

Thanks,
Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:31 am

Black letters on a white background:

Sorry
Something went wrong. Could
Not export audio!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:23 am

Ok, thanks. I looked it up, and this is an Audioshare message. I'll send them an email, but I suggest you contact them as well.

Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I was able to work around using ifunbox. Auria is rendering correctly, for mixdown files were available through Import Audio. Problem seems to exist between Auria rendering and software call to AudioShare.
My workflow is really convoluted due to my desire to work in the Cloud, my sometimes very large files and the lack of ability to mixdown within Auria to the specific MP3 requirements for an ACX audiobook recording. It's too bad Auria apparently has licensing issues with those who control MP3 coding.
Thank you, Rim, for your obvious concern for my issues and for your prompt responses to my postings to this forum! I am an extremely satisfied user of your software, and have become an advocate for your incredible program.

This from Jonatan at AudioShare:

I'll look into this. Perhaps there's a limit on the size of audio that can be held in the pasteboard. If there is, then it's not much I can do about it.
Does Auria allow to "Open in" the mixdown, to open it in any app? If so, you could try that route (choose AudioShare when it asks for which app to open it). If not, ask Rim if there are any other options for getting the audio out of Auria, perhaps through a desktop computer?