Mono to stereo track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dylan

Mono to stereo track

Post by Dylan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 am

Hi all

I am fairly new to Auria so please forgive me if this topic has been covered before. Is there a way to convert a mono track to a stereo track in the mixer? I have several stereo tracks in my project but my next free track is a mono one and I'd like to paste in some stereo audio so how can I make it a stereo track?

Cheers

Dylan

mtingle
Expert

Re: Mono to stereo track

Post by mtingle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:08 am

if you add a stereo version of a plugin onto a mono track I *think it converts it to a stereo one.

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:56 am

mtingle wrote:if you add a stereo version of a plugin onto a mono track I *think it converts it to a stereo one.
Just tried that but no luck I'm afraid. The only way I can make my new mono track a stereo one is to first re-import a stereo audio file onto it - then it does become stereo. However, I want to use Audiobus on the new track and I need it to be stereo. I suppose I could import a stereo audio file first, then delete it and then connect Audiobus next so it remains in stereo, but I tried configuring the track to stereo in the Input Matrix but can only get a mono track. I should note that my first 6 tracks are in use by stereo audio files. Thanks for trying to help me though. :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:29 am

The most direct way to do this is to go to the menu and choose Add Track, then in the box below, choose Stereo. This will create a new stereo track. Now you can select all the regions on your original track and move them over to the new one (by dragging, or using Copy/Paste).

Rim

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 am

Rim wrote:The most direct way to do this is to go to the menu and choose Add Track, then in the box below, choose Stereo. This will create a new stereo track. Now you can select all the regions on your original track and move them over to the new one (by dragging, or using Copy/Paste).

Rim
Thanks Rim, your suggestion really helps and is a much better way of doing things. I just thought I had missed a 'one-click' button on the mixer which converts mono to stereo or vice versa but this information is useful to know. Great work by the way! :D

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Also, a new track will automatically be created when you insert an app in audiobus.