NEXT UPDATE

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wettybeatz

NEXT UPDATE

Post by wettybeatz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:43 am

Im looking forward for some more editing options like varispeed that would be perfect and an autotune plugin maybe some midi host for IAA, if these are added i will only have one daw on my iPad :D

sodium
Expert

Re: NEXT UPDATE

Post by sodium » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 am

Auto tune. Really? I'd have to ask why anyone in their right mind would want that. It's a blight on music in my view. If you can't sing in tune, then do the take again until you can can. Auto tune is for amateurs. Sayin'.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:29 am

MIDI sync is for amateurs too, if you can't play in time you're not a musician. [/sarcasm off]

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:43 am

Tarekith wrote:MIDI sync is for amateurs too, if you can't play in time you're not a musician. [/sarcasm off]
Which means Piano Roll is for amateurs.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:16 am

Very true that the electronic music artist aproache how they create a track can be very different than tapping your foot on the floor while laying down an acoustic guitar part. Or it can be exactly the same. But lets face it we all know parts of that guitar track will be tunned up and some even deleted and some autotime corrected or even pitchshifted. The more tools available in one bundle helps attract every artists nuaunce and allows them the freedom to create their way. Are they less of an artist? No way just listen to some of the best electro out there and I would say they are very creative and care very much about thie artist imprint they leave on their tracks. Old school is out and now it is whoever creates the best track no matter what they used or how they got it into the track. The main thing is that they were creating art. So don't be afraid to hit the quantize button, that's why they put it there and has been used by the likes of Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Rush, Pink Floyd ect. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~*

wettybeatz

Post by wettybeatz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:04 am

The people who talked about autotune and piano roll are correct I totally agree with u but I'm someone who moves a lot and I like to reduce my weight, I work a lot for artist not myself and when i do for myself I use my natural voice, autotune is a tool that is being used all around us the artists request it a lot and most of the time they are not really singers if u get me and turning down a project these days its stupid let's say u turned down 5 project and the reason u did is cause the person can't sing on point where did you make money or keep clients? Just saying tho don't get me wrong.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 pm

wettybeatz wrote:The people who talked about autotune and piano roll are correct I totally agree with u but I'm someone who moves a lot and I like to reduce my weight, I work a lot for artist not myself and when i do for myself I use my natural voice, autotune is a tool that is being used all around us the artists request it a lot and most of the time they are not really singers if u get me and turning down a project these days its stupid let's say u turned down 5 project and the reason u did is cause the person can't sing on point where did you make money or keep clients? Just saying tho don't get me wrong.
Point taken. But if the "artist" can't sing, then he's not an 'artist'. He's an imposter and maybe he should stick to DJing. Or skateboarding. Or pouting a lot while looking windswept & interesting.

:wink:

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Tarekith wrote:MIDI sync is for amateurs too, if you can't play in time you're not a musician. [/sarcasm off]
Very good :lol:

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Um... Midi sync doesn't fix your timing, midi sync basically syncs either software or hardware together so they can play in sync, quantizing a track fixes timing, are you sure you are a real musician?
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Jens

Post by Jens » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

sodium wrote:Auto tune. Really? I'd have to ask why anyone in their right mind would want that. It's a blight on music in my view. If you can't sing in tune, then do the take again until you can can. Auto tune is for amateurs. Sayin'.
Sorry, but your post shows that you have very little clue about professional music production. Auto-tune is very very common in professional productions - that's a fact. That of course doesn't say anything about it being good or bad, which is a matter of opinion. But saying it's just "for amateurs" is hilariously off for someone who attempts to distinguish himself from the "amateurs". By saying that you just proved that you are one yourself. :o

(I am too b.t.w. - nothing wrong about that - but don't try to climb on the back of the high horse if you can't ride it)

Sayin'

pesciolino

Post by pesciolino » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm

sodium wrote:Auto tune. Really? I'd have to ask why anyone in their right mind would want that. It's a blight on music in my view. If you can't sing in tune, then do the take again until you can can. Auto tune is for amateurs. Sayin'.
Your post shows you have some clue about music, as opposed to "music production". Cheers

JosephDignamMusic
Expert

Post by JosephDignamMusic » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 am

I think autotune takes away some personality and raw edge that music used to have. Music is an emotive form of communication and there are too many of these "perfection" tools around now days which makes everything too polished, too perfect and in a way takes away the personality and signature that most true musicians strive for.

But in saying that I would use it to tune my instruments on the rare occasion I actually play something in constant pitch :? :wink:

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 am

Jens wrote: Sorry, but your post shows that you have very little clue about professional music production.
No need to be sorry. But statements like "professional music production" is painting with a very broad brush. Please define that precisely so that everyone is clear as to what you mean by that. Note the qualifier " precisely" .
Jens wrote:Auto-tune is very very common in professional productions - that's a fact
Again, please define " professional music production". And again, please be precise in your definition.

Last time I looked, auto tune was not to be seen in three live jazz recordings, five commercial jingles, two movie soundtracks and six rock records I've been involved in this year. And yes, all at " professional" level.

Are you getting the hint yet, my friend?

Jens wrote:That of course doesn't say anything about it being good or bad, which is a matter of opinion. But saying it's just "for amateurs" is hilariously off for someone who attempts to distinguish himself from the "amateurs". By saying that you just proved that you are one yourself. :o
Sad really. As up until now this forum had been one of the very few forums that had been free of ad hominem personal attacks and absurd posturing . Oh well, I guess eventually small minded nonsense and insults must ruin all good things.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Re:

Last time I looked, auto tune was not to be seen in three live jazz recordings, five commercial jingles, two movie soundtracks and six rock records I've been involved in this year. And yes, all at " professional" level.

Are you getting the hint yet, my friend?

Considering the projects you've name,I can understand why you've never used auto tune, how ever you've haven't mentioned R&B, Hip Hop or Pop, where it,s a lot more commonly used these days, and not so much for correcting a few notes but more so getting the vocoder effect, and yes, it,s been used on a LOT of professional level projects , more so on Platinum selling hit records
Just because it obviously doesn't fit in your work flow , that hardly means other professional artist or producers don't use it, and if you have a client that wants it, it's good to have it in your toolbox whether or not you use it personally.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac