Panning/Track Volume Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Panning/Track Volume Issues

Post by timmyg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 am

Hi all, a slightly strange one hear that I can't get my head around.

I have a guitar riff that is panned -70 Left, which repeats but is panned +70 right. The problem is that the right panned version is louder than the left.

I have checked the pan automation settings and they are both the same. There is no volume automation on the track.
(The guitar is on a sub group with other guitars. Also it has Convolution reverb via Aux 1).

I also tried creating 2 separate tracks, both panned opposite (-70 and +70) but the same issue occured; the right is louder?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Panning/Track Volume Issues

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 am

A couple of things I can think of:

- Check the channelstrips on both tracks and see if the output controls are different on both tracks (or if any of the channelstrip settings are different between the two).
- Check your headphones or speakers
- If you're using an external USB interface, try plugging headphones directly into the iPad to see if there's a difference.

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Rim. Thanks for the reply. In answer to your suggestions:
Rim wrote:A couple of things I can think of:

- Check the channelstrips on both tracks and see if the output controls are different on both tracks (or if any of the channelstrip settings are different between the two).
- Check your headphones or speakers
- If you're using an external USB interface, try plugging headphones directly into the iPad to see if there's a difference.
Rim
- I checked the channel strips on both tracks and they look ok. The levels on the main output look even too.
- I've listened directly into the iPad via 2 pairs of headphones and 2 pairs of speakers...same problem.

Is there any way you could take a look at the project? If you could let me know how, then I could PM you the details.

thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:16 am

Sure, I'd be happy to look at the project. You can send it to my dropbox: rim at drumagog dot com.

Rim