Ram memory saving techniques?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

John Platko

Ram memory saving techniques?

Post by John Platko » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Other than the obvious ones: closing all other apps and freezing tracks, are there things you can do on the Ipad to free up ram space? Are the things to do with Auria that can free up space? My Ipad 2 seems to be flirting dangerously close to low ram space since I started playing around with drumagog.

ZenLizard
Expert

Re: Ram memory saving techniques?

Post by ZenLizard » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Drumagog pushed my iPad 2 pretty hard, at least when none of the tracks were frozen. Are you freezing your Drumagog tracks once they are set?
— Can you hum a few bars? —

John Platko

Post by John Platko » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:18 am

ZenLizard wrote:Drumagog pushed my iPad 2 pretty hard, at least when none of the tracks were frozen. Are you freezing your Drumagog tracks once they are set?
Yes, I'm freezing tracks when they are set. I'm just wondering if there are general Ipad settings that I don't know about that could free up extra memory or any Auria settings that would help. Perhaps Auria is already doing this in the background. For example, I don't really need 8 subgroups, do they consume memory when they are not used?

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Ah... I don't don't think there is anything additional you can do. Someone will know the answer to your question about the subgroups. I'm guessing that the subgroups have a very low impact on performance (unless of course the subgroup's channel strip is active or an effect/IAA is running on it).
— Can you hum a few bars? —

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm

You can try bouncing the tracks the have drumagog on them then eliminating drumagog. When I've bounced rather than frozen it seems to have freed up ram as well as processor. That may require a restart of auria after the bounce.

John Platko

Post by John Platko » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

mrufino1 wrote:You can try bouncing the tracks the have drumagog on them then eliminating drumagog. When I've bounced rather than frozen it seems to have freed up ram as well as processor. That may require a restart of auria after the bounce.
Yes, this is the kind of thing I'm searching for. It does seem that the order I use things in matters. As does restarting Auria after certain sequences. And I believe resetting my IPAD helped yesterday after I used IFUNBOX. I wonder if drumagog settings or gog selection effects memory usage.