cant hear audio with Audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sutrobath
Expert

cant hear audio with Audiobus

Post by sutrobath » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Last night I was tying to add a reverb plugin to a acoustic guitar. up to that point, everything was fine, but when I opened Audiobus, I added Auria and the reverb plugin and went into settings inside Auria and checked all the Audiobus settings. Now in Aura, I see that they have automatically named and selected a track with the name of my plugin. I can hear my guitar, but I cannot hear the plugin fx at all. Hmmmm...So now I figure Ill record enable that track and that will allow me to hear the plugin. No, that does not work. Hmmmmm....OK, I now go into Auria Input Matrix and make sure that track is selected to record the signal. It is. Still no fx to be heard. At this point I assume I must need to be actually recording to hear what the fx is adding to my guitar. I record enable the track, hit record, play and now I can see all meters moving up and down as everthying is playing but I cant hear anything. I go into Apogee Maestro, as I am using an Apogee One Interface. Everything is properly selected. I try looking at the effect plugin to see if there are any settings Im missing. There are none. Eventually I eject Auria and the plug from Audiobus and close that program. I now re-open Auria and play my track. I can hear it just fine, so I again close it and reopen it and the plugin in Audiobus. Again, I see all meters display that there is signal but I cannot hear anything. I close audiobus and the plug in and now I can hear the tracks again. Ive used Audiobus a lot and never had an issue, so Im not sure what Ive done. The only thing different that I have added to my tracking is I touched and held the Red RECORD button on a track. This brings up three choices, one of which is 'RECORD FX'. I selected this button, as I had an issue in the past with recording a guitar with a plugin and not having the plugin added.

Matt W
Expert

Re: cant hear audio with Audiobus

Post by Matt W » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Which effects plugin are you using? And I am assuming you are using it in the "effects" slot in Audiobus?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Some general tips in the meantime:

I'm not sure if you are trying to add a reverb to a pre-existing track in Auria, or trying to record an acoustic guitar with reverb already applied - depending on which you are doing will mean a different setup.

Since it sounds like you are trying to add the reverb before recording in Auria:

1. Close all open apps and start Audiobus
2. Assign System Audio Input to the Input slot in Audiobus
3. Add your reverb of choice to the Effects slot in Audiobus
4. Add Auria to the Output slot in Audiobus
5. Auria will create and record-enable a new stereo track and route Audiobus to it
6. Configure your reverb as you like
7. Record your wet guitar signal in Auria

This should let you hear the reverb and record it. Note that doing it this way you won't be able to change the reverb later, as you are recording it along with the guitar.

The Record FX option in Auria only applies when you are using an effect on one of Auria's insert slots - turning it on will record that insert effect along with the source.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 pm

I have found that at times I have to go into Auria settings, turn off Audiobus monitoring and turn it back on to hear myself play.

Joepno

Post by Joepno » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 am

I have reported the same problem on July 17 under Audiobus Live Monitoring.
I continue to have the same issue.