New PsP Plugins for Auria? *Join in*

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

New PsP Plugins for Auria? *Join in*

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 am

I have been working on getting more PsP Audioware plugins for Auria. I've actually been exploring many new plugins for Auria users and contacting the developers to help make Auria the largest plugin selection of any iOS music app. So far the response has been very positive and you could see some very cool additions to your Auria library. I ask that you go to the PsP Audioware site and select some new choices from their vast plugin library. Then simplpy email your requested plugin to them for consideration. So how about some Neve and SSL EQ's? Or maybe a bass enhancer EQ? A Stereo shaper? Stereo seperator? Very acurate Vu meters? The list is endless of all the cool new plugins we can choose from. With the new iPad rumoured to have 2gigs of Ram and a slightly faster grafix, it's time to add some new plugins to what is sure to be a fresh new look and working daw when Auria updates to midi and it's new GUI. Good luck and lets all join in on searching for our next new plugins and with midi coming that includes synths. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~*

martygras
Expert

Re: New PsP Plugins for Auria? *Join in*

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm actually completely happy with all of the current offerings.
MIDI utilities would be nice as the app evolves, but that's about it. Auria is just one big box of awesomeness.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Something occurs to me re plugins: my understanding is that all the Auria plugins are embedded in the Auria download and are merely 'unlocked' when purchased (rather than downloaded individually as purchased). If my understanding is correct it means that the Auria app will get larger and larger (occupying more storage) as more plugins are added to the Auria Store - whether or not any plugins have been actually been purchased.

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 am

I really like to have the PSP Lexicon Delay emulation....don't remember the name....

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Amen!

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 am

Waves Vitamin.

On my desktop DAW I have all of NI Komplete 9Ultimate (soon to bump up to 10) and Waves Mercury. Heaps of great plugs but if I had to choose one, it would be Waves Vitamin.

An innovative and groundbreakingly awesome plug which covers just about everything you might ever want to do in a DAW,either per channel or in a mix buss or master buss as a master effect.

Truly the holy grail of plugs.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:05 am

I just found out the channel strip PSP plugins are quite well designed, and since they are far less CPU-hungry than Fabfilter's, I'm using them extensively, execept when mastering, where the need for more flexibility and control makes Fabfilter's a must. Besides, the PSP Buspressor and the other master channel audio processors are really disappointing, specially when PSP did such a good job with the channel strip ones.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:01 pm

martygras wrote:I'm actually completely happy with all of the current offerings.
MIDI utilities would be nice as the app evolves, but that's about it. Auria is just one big box of awesomeness.

same here, I've purchased quite a few but at this point I'm good until there is a sequencer in Auria. once that happens I'm on board. I'm good with not sequencing keys but I NEED to be able to sequence drums since I don't have a live kit, and I'm not really into using loops.
Once that happens I know I'll end up getting all the plugins in the store.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 am

The more QUALITY on board plugins the better IMO. Having a plugin save its settings with a project is vital. Currently IAA have to be reprogrammed each time they are loaded.

One of the *big* selling points of Auria is actually the fabfilter plugins. These enable Auria to be taken very seriously as a mixing tool. There is literally no difference for an audio professional in sound quality between Auria and a desktop in this regard.

If Auria could have melodyne, slate digital plus others, it would be set for long into the future. And as the iPad format looks set to get a larger screen soon we could see all major daws move to iOS. Auria could then be the pro tools of iPad. Ubiquitous and professional.

Profitable too, no doubt.

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:25 pm

I so wish Auria would become a desktop DAW. Man would that make me drop whatever.

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Hmm. I'm curious why. I'd rather keep the brilliant resources behind Auria focused on iOS where it's already king. Going up against Logic, Live, etc.: Why bother? I would love to see tight integration perhaps, a la exporting straight to Ableton, like Korg apps. But before even this, I'm looking forward to MIDI.

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:35 am

Yes! MIDI. Please!
Don't make all the mistakes yourself. Give your collegues a chance as well.