Before installing iOS8

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Before installing iOS8

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Anton,

I have not been able to duplicate any of these problems. IAA works fine for me over here on ios7. Can you give me an example of which IAA app has problems?

Thanks,
Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Yes, through GarageBand for example...
Am not on IOS 7 Rim ...I updated IOS 8.0.2 ...
Audiobus of all my apps doesn't work... So does the inter-apps which needs an available audiobus....

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:43 am

anton06 wrote:Audiobus has never been a separate app...
This is probably a language barrier I'm guessing but just so you know Audiobus is definitely a separate app:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audiobu ... 13570?mt=8

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 am

Yes Rim, I bought this app already but it proposes me only 4 apps to link with GarageBand and Auria when am using 18 different apps... No use of this audiobus ap.
I think it has something to do with IOS 8.0.2, hoping that Apple will solve this for the next OS update...around 20th October...
Thanks anyway.
Regards

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:55 am

Somebody did ask why apps aren't working, and what the process was for doing these updates. I'm in the biz, and it goes like this:

Apple tells people they are going to update iOS. They give them a timeline. They start to tell them what they are going to do, eventually they start making early versions available for developers. The developers test and rewrite their apps to work with the new code, and the thought is that everything is more or less up to date on release.

Note, there is NO attempt by Apple to make sure everyone else is ready. They couldn't even begin to do that, way too big a job. I won't say they don't care, as they don't want angry customers, but they provide what they can, and let things fall where they will. New software, such as an OS upgrade like with iOS, will always have bugs. Things will change, greatly, or a little. If the devs making apps for iOS coded their apps in such a way that the changes bork them completely, they have to deal with that, and that introduces new bugs. There is no guarantee that those devs of the apps you bought had either the time or the inclination to even look at the update. There's a chance you may lose your app completely if it doesn't run under the new version of iOS, and that app is no longer under active development. Worse issues are those such as we are seeing with Audiobus, as it sits between numerous other apps, so while Auria may work with it, perhaps your favourite drum software doesn't. Or Auria and the drum app work with everyone else, but some combo of Auria, Audiobus and the drum app does not. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of stuff that is driving Rim crazy right now.

I really don't understand the rush on the part of iPad owners to move to new versions of iOS. People on Windows finally clued in about Windows XP, and stopped upgrading and breaking working systems. I like my iPad the way it is, I'll update when all the bugs are worked out. There is nothing about iOS 8 that is going to make my life any better whatsoever, and there's lots of potential for making it worse.

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:50 pm

You're totally right...I give any opposition. We don't realize the issues we are going to get when we update, we run like blinded hurry people and after we complain...I should had waited.
Anyway thanks a lot for your very valuable comment, honestly.
Is there any way to come back to IOS 7?????
Regards
Anton

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:52 pm

I CAN'T GIVE ANY OPPOSITION *
Sorry for the taping mistake

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't believe there is any way to go back once you've upgrade, sadly. I may be wrong, but I don't believe it's possible.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:11 pm

No way back to iOS 7 now, Apple have stopped signing it.

Dominic

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:54 pm

I must say from an everyday useage point of view, I find iOS 8 a really great update. Lots of little tweaks that really improve my day to day iPhone experience. I have also updated on my iPad Air but am as yet to do any serious DAW work. That will be in December so I'm hoping bugs will have been worked out by then.

Agree re the PC/XP analogy. Witness Microslop's disastrous Windows 8 iOS. That will rival Vista as the biggest lemon ever released.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Ohmnoise
Expert

Post by Ohmnoise » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 am

I updated to iOS 8.1 and Audiobus has been updated automatically and is now again working with Auria.
iPad 3/16 GB - Alesis Dock - Auria 2.0 - ReTune - Audiobus - JamUp Pro - Alchemy Pro - DM1