Trying to use external effect, CPU overload!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Duckmandu
Expert

Trying to use external effect, CPU overload!

Post by Duckmandu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm

So I'm trying to use the new Altispace convolution reverb with Auria, and I get a "CPU overload" warning. Now I may be implementing this incorrectly. I was initially just choosing Altispace as an aux effect. No CPU overload, but no reverb either. So then I figured I'd try using Audiobus with Auria as the input, Altispace as the effect, and Auria again as the output. I doubt that's the right approach for a mixdown, but I figured I could maybe at least hear the reverb. That's when I got the "CPU overload" warning.

What I really want is to use Altispace as an auxiliary send effect. Do need to use audiobus at all for this? Is this just an automatic inter-app audio thing?

Thanks!

- Aaron
Last edited by Duckmandu on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Trying to use external effect, cup overload!

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:04 pm

I suggest enabling Audiobus mode in Auria's settings (even if you're not using Audiobus). This forces Auria to use a smaller audio buffer, which is more compatible with other apps and IAAs.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Trying to use external effect, CPU overload!

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I just inserted AltiSpace into Auria's Aux 1 input and I was able to hear the reverb with no problem. Do you have other plugins open? How many tracks are you running? Try rebooting your iPad and reloading Auria and switch to Audiobus mode as Rim suggested. And I'm sure you did this but don't forget to raise the Aux knob on the channel that you want to send to AltiSpace that is inserted into your Aux. Not sure why your not hearing the reverb as it's working great in my studio. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~*

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Trying to use external effect, CPU overload!

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:36 pm

If you use audiobus then you can print the reverb to a track, saving CPU for later. Takes some pre-planning but that's not a bad thing. I believe there is a video on YouTube showing you how to do that, but if not let me know and I will do one.