The Auria recording process from the very beginning

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Silvermantle46

The Auria recording process from the very beginning

Post by Silvermantle46 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 pm

I don't need help with initial connections,interfaces,etc., but I am completely dumbfounded with how the recording process even starts with Auria. I'm certain you have a great product(I don't have it yet)but the videos I have seen mainly showed the capabilities of the app. Is it silly to ask if there is a manual, or is the app learned mainly by trial and error?!?!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The Auria recording process from the very beginning

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:51 am

Recording in Auria is very easy. You essentially connect your interface, record enable a track, and press record. There's an input matrix if you want to route specific inputs to tracks.

We have an extensive manual on our web site:

http://assets.drumagog.com/manuals/Auri ... 0Guide.pdf

Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: The Auria recording process from the very beginning

Post by Bob Amser » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 pm

I know how you feel, but unlike other recording software, I found it really was pretty amazingly easy to get started. You can then pick up and improve on techniques which are more complex as you go along.

You do need a bit of hardware, but Auria is certainly the only DAW I found easy to get started with, which makes it a million times less frustrating (and this from someone who only recently found out what DAW stands for :lol: ). GarageBand is simpler to master as it has many fewer features, but I actually found it easier to start recording in Auria. I still sometimes use GarageBand for the virtual instruments, but the overall results don't compare with Auria so I copy the track over to get it sounding good in Auria.

Buy the lite version if your anxious, you won't regret it, and will soon be upgrading to the full version 8)

In terms of the detail, you connect up your interface, click 'menu', then 'new project'. On that screen choose the number of tracks (if, like me, up you don't really know what a 'sample rate' is, leave it on default). Click 'menu' then 'input matrix' and it shows you where on the mixer your inputs are recording. You then tap the red button, press play and... That's it!

Hope you enjoy. :D

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering