Our album released today, mixed 100% in auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Our album released today, mixed 100% in auria

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 am

Today our album was "officially" released on noisetrade, mixed entirely in auria. Physical copies will be available in a week or two through cd baby, and also on iTunes, etc., but you can get it on noisetrade now. Leave a tip if you feel so inclined, but most of all enjoy the music and share the link with others if you don't mind. Thanks!

http://noisetrade.com/shutterwax/dig-me-a-well

supanorton
Expert

Re: Our album released today, mixed 100% in auria

Post by supanorton » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 am

Congratulations! I had the chance to listen to a few tracks just now. Sounds really good. Nice, warm production, good songs, and great playing. Did you master it or send it out somewhere? Must feel good to see a project like this come to fruition.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks! We did use outside mastering, an online service we found. I had to do a tiny bit to it after getting it back , but I learned quickly that I am not a mastering engineer! To be honest, they didn't do anything drastic, but all the songs fit together better and sound more "right" across the board. It was a good lesson for sure. We just finished another week of sessions and I'm starting to mix those songs, but we will definitely get it mastered again. Thanks for checking it out, I appreciate it!

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm

I've had a few months away from recording, but listening to this has encouraged me to pick up where I left off. Two songs is all I've managed to get through to completion.

Really liked the video too. Mostly, though, I stand in awe at the amount of work that's been put in to create very varying sounds and productions for the different songs.

Been working 15 1/2 hours today :o , so off to bed, but enjoyed the few tracks I had a listen to.

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Thank you Mr. Amser! I'm looking forward to hearing your project! Mixing at the end of those long days is a challenge, but I feel lucky that we are able to get together and focus to create for that one week each summer. Now I've been told I can't take a year to mix the next one!