Convolution Reverb - Reverse option

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Convolution Reverb - Reverse option

Post by Sinapsya » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 am

Hi Rim,
In this days is release a new convolution reverb for iOS, I don't buy it because I prefer the Auria one and I had buy some of yours IR library too....
but it have and interesting features: it can reverse the IR file inside and can put in solo the reverberation ....so I think is it beautiful if Rim can add this things to our favorite daw :-)

What do you think, is it possible???

mtingle
Expert

Re: Convolution Reverb - Reverse option

Post by mtingle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 pm

while your at it, a hi pass eq filter would be *very useful to cut out rumble from the Aux returns.

*exceedingly

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure I understand. You mean a button inside the convolution reverb plugin which reverses the ir?

Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Rim wrote:Hmm. I'm not sure I understand. You mean a button inside the convolution reverb plugin which reverses the ir?

Rim
Yep, this. I think Sinapsya is refering to the new AltiSpace app. That app has a "reverse" button which simply flips the IR, and it can yield some pretty cool new sounds/sound-effects having the IR fading in. Especially on shorter things, and more "experimental" IRs (which the MoreVox libraries in Auria have plenty of). Various uses for percussions comes to mind. I never really thought about that before trying this new convolution reverb app, but it is a really nice feature for sure.

It does have an EQ with a high and low pass cut, and a bell with adjustable bandwidth, that can be applied pre or post the reverb. But an EQ in an insert slot in Auria would basically do the same(?).

It also have an ADSR on top of the IR that allows you to shape the IR beyond the regular pre-delay and length. Could be a nifty feature, not sure yet as I haven't used it really.

But a flip/reverse toggle on the convo unit Auria would be useful (and you should be able to automate it for some even more creative uses).

Edit: Oh and please, please, please enable live recordings/Audiobus mode and whatnot on the Auria convo. I really wanna use the convo inside Auria "live". AltiSpace has a 20ms minimum pre-delay, and I can certainly live with a few ms latency on the Auria convo in "live mode" :)