Some News about AURIA's MIDI SEQUENCER ???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

miguelmarcos
Expert

Re: Some News about AURIA's MIDI SEQUENCER ???

Post by miguelmarcos » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm not against having a keyboard/pad in Auria. But, faced with priorities, I'd rather Rim provide us the best possible MIDI integration in Auria via other apps, and give a virtual keyboard/pad less priority, if it comes down to that.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:00 am

It's a matter of taste."Best possible Midi integration"clearly includes a virtual keyboard for me ;-)

As said before,it will speed up the workflow if not switching back and forth between apps.A good workflow is very high on my priority list.And there are even a some apps that don't transmit Midi messages,just receive.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:16 am

I have muched with various soft keyboard players. They are okay. I like Thumbjam's interface, it's good for simple stuff. I'd rather have the basics in the back end. I'm hoping to get an iKeys keyboard for Christmas, and have some mechanical to play that is portable.

aced411

Post by aced411 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Monoboy wrote:
Rim wrote:I am not planning on having any controller inside Auria, since almost every instrument app already has a keyboard. I saw no reason to add another one within Auria.

Rim
Rim, I'm slightly disappointed by this decision, I think it would be a good idea to actually include a midi keyboard within Auria, for workflow reasons, I may not have a midi keyboard with me on the go, and like Cubasis, i find the integrated midi keyboard a welcome addition instead of hopping back and fourth between synth and daw, please include this! I want to completely do away with Cubasis once Midi is available for Auria...even Beatmaker 2 has one.

Hope you take the request into consideration.
I would like to toss my vote in for a basic midi keyboard. A big one that's simple to play like in cubasis or nanostudio. I like to see the arrangement when I play and the less I have to jockey between apps the better. I use Cubasis in this way with audiobus, unfortunately it just crashes too damn much for me to take my projects very far.

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:54 am

Rim wrote:Definitely, it will have full MIDI support - virtual MIDI, coreMidi, IAA MIDI and native Auria plugin MIDI.

Rim
As long as there's a piano roll/sequencer, this is plenty good enough for me. I have a thousand and one virtual keyboards already at my disposal 8)

Yahyahyah
Expert

Post by Yahyahyah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Rim

Don't worry about a midi keyboard- it doesn't make sense. All I can say is it would be good is the piano roll grid can support switching between different time resolutions - notably triplets (24/48/etc) as well as the usual 16/32/etc

Cheers!

Btw any hints on shipping dates? :D