Recording a 2nd track using the same instrument - Audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Alim
Expert

Recording a 2nd track using the same instrument - Audiobus

Post by Alim » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:41 pm

After recording a track using Audiobus, I'm unable to create a new track and connect the same instrument to a new channel. I've tried making new stereo/mono tracks, and tried using the matrix to assign only that input to the track.

I tried closing the app/instrument and removing it from the Audiobus input, then re-adding it to the Audiobus input by reopening the instrument. I've tried renaming the original track that was recorded and retrying all the steps listed above.

No matter what I do, Auria assigns/enables the first channel record with that instrument.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Fitz
Expert

Re: Recording a 2nd track using the same instrument - Audiob

Post by Fitz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 am

Look under menu, Input Matrix, choose Audiobus rather than normal and then choose the new track. Auria defaults to the same track each time but you can change it here.

Alim
Expert

Post by Alim » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Thank you [quote="Fitz"]

I tried using the matrix in Audiobus mode last time, but there was obviously some user error on my part, as it worked flawlessly this time.

Thanks again Fitz :D

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:37 am

Even easier: After recording the Audiobus instrument for the first time, add a new track and move the region down to this new track (at the same position in the Timeline). Now you are free to record a second pass of the same instrument on the original AB'd track.

If you need a third pass, then add another new track and move the new region down to this open track...you get the pic.... :)

HTH,

Mike