It's alive! Focusrite iTrack Dock released.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sodium
Expert

It's alive! Focusrite iTrack Dock released.

Post by sodium » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:55 pm

"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

supanorton
Expert

Re: It's alive! Focusrite iTrack Dock released.

Post by supanorton » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 pm

A less than glowing review from one of our members:

http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic ... 362#p34198

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:58 pm

yes it appears to have some limitations.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

then again, its always good to keep in mind that not everyone has the same requirements for any one piece of gear. for some, what the iTrack offers may be just fine. its clear that dominic knows his onions and he certainly seems to be across a lot of gear. but on the other hand, if you ever venture into gearslutz and check thru the chatter on piece of gear that you use and love, there's more than a 50% chance that it's getting a drubbing from the heavy hitters in there.... so you know, horses for courses I reckon

ADMIN: please feel free to delete this thread as I hadn't realised there was already and active iTrack thread going and certainly don't want to double up.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 am

So help me out here. I maipnly use Auria as my main software. It's so much more intuitive. The itarck dock seemed to cover all my bases beautifully! But how exactly should I translate the 'it sounds nasty comment? Is the apogee duet still a better investment? I hate the cables all over the place though.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Well, it's not really a matter of interpretation, more a matter of opinion.

The Apogee Duet is far more expensive, so you can't really expect the iTrack Dock to compete. I own the old One and I had a Quartet for a week or so. They sound excellent, much better than the iTrack Dock in my opinion. That doesn't mean you can't make great music on the iTrack, just that I, personally would much rather listen to my music collection through an Apogee interface rather than the iTrack.
The only way you can know for sure is to try them both.
I agree that the breakout cables on the One and Duet are a PITA.

Dominic

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Can't comment on the iTrack dock, but I have the iTrack solo and it's Top Banana. I briefly had a quartet. Lovely bit of kit but I can't honestly say that I could tell the ACTUAL difference with ACTUAL recordings. Just my humble thoughts.

I agree with Sodium - there is no bit of kit that everyone's gonna say is perfect. I had the Alesis IO dock and it was a world of grief in terms of not working. The Solo works all the time and the quality seems great to me. I would love to be able to track live, but a Quartet didn't really help me as four tracks at once doesn't allow you to track more than, erm, four tracks at once :lol:

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Quartet is 12 in and 8 out but you need to add an ADAT unit like the Behringer ADA8000 or 8200 or the RME Octapre to get the extra 8 ins.

Dominic