Audiobus question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Audiobus question

Post by mrufino1 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Rim, I was starting to make a new video tonight, talking about subgroups, and I got into auxes. I was trying to show the audiobus aux bus routing to use an external effect, such as aufx space or audio reverb. I can't seem to monitor the song as it's playing though- the audiobus monitoring mode allows me to hear the effect, but the rest of the song is muted. As soon as I remove the app from the audiobus effects slot I hear my full song again. If I record the effect output back into auria (so sending out aux 1, to the effect, back into a track in auria), it records fine, but I can't adjust the effect in context. This occurs whether recording or playing. I checked every setting I could think of. I on 7.1.1 on iPad Air if that is relevant to the question. Background audio is on for auria, although it's in the foreground.

I haven't tried this since audiobus 2 came out, so I'm wondering if it is a problem with auria or audiobus. It did the same behavior with aufx space, crystalline, and audio reverb. Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiobus question

Post by Rim » Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 am

Auria shuts it's audio output down if the Audiobus app further down the path requests it. So it might be that the particular effects app you're using in Audiobus is telling Audiobus that it's going to handle the audio playback. Have you tried this with several apps. or is it only happening on one?

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Anything I put in the effects slot is doing it. When effects slot is empty I hear the full song from auria. The apps I used are listed in the first post, but I also tried jamup and it's the same. I tried switching the core audio mode as well, no difference. All of these apps have worked fine before to do this, so something must have changed. Since I haven't done it since before audiobus2 was released, it is quite possible the issue lies in audiobus. I'll post to their forum as well.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 27, 2014 9:49 pm

OK, thanks. I've added this to my list to investigate for the next update.

Thanks for letting me know.
Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:10 am

Thanks, let me know if there's anything else I can do
To help with it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 pm

I've fixed this issue, and it'll appear in the next update. What was happening was Auria muted it's output if it detected that it was inserted into Audiobus as an input source. This is normally what you want, otherwise you'd have output coming from two places: Auria and the audiobus output slot. However, this shouldn't apply when using Auria's Aux or Subgroup outputs.

Now, if you have Auria's subgroups or Aux sends routed as an Audiobus input, and you want Auria's master output to become muted, just turn down the master fader in Auria (or disable the INT option in the output matrix).

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:55 pm

That sounds good.